Tekken Card Tournament features the stunning 3D visuals players expect from Tekken, with electrifying turn-based card battling that’s fun right from the start and loaded with satisfying depth. The launch of the physical Tekken Card Tournament Game Cards in spring will bring real-world crossover to the gameplay, with unique QR codes letting players instantly add the card to their digital deck in-game, and Augmented Reality to bring the characters to life in players’ environments by pointing a smartphone or tablet camera at the game cards.. Now players can give their Tekken iron fist a workout anytime, anywhere.
The digital game can also be played as a standalone, allowing players to enter the King of Iron Fist tournament by competing in this unique free-to-play game set in the Tekken universe. The digital game will offer a unique gameplay experience but also amazing visuals on all devices. Strategically prepare your card deck and compete against players across all platforms anytime and everywhere.
“We are proud to bring to life this amazing project that combines the company’s core strength in both gaming and toys to create this cross media experience” said Shusuke Takahara, President of Namco Bandai Games Europe S.A.S.
“By bringing the Tekken universe into the game card world and especially through this unique project we hope to offer to Tekken fans and game cards players a unique experience” said Yuji Kawada, General Manager, Card Business Department, Bandai Co., LTD.
- DEEP GAMEPLAY: Customise your deck, use the fusion system to create new cards, and perfect your strategic combinations of Focus, Strike and Block moves to take down opponents.
- CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY: Take Tekken with you everywhere you go with seamless cross-platform online play between any connected devices: Browsers, tablets and smartphones.
- AMAZING VISUALS: High quality, liquid smooth 3D graphics faithful to the Tekken universe and faultlessly rendered in the app and in browsers.
- UNLIMITED ACTION: Train in solo play then challenge matched opponents around the world to climb the global rankings, with extra rewards to win in themed contests and weekly battles.
- COLLECTIBLE CARDS: Over 190 real-world collectible Game Cards coming to retailers in spring 2013, featuring Augmented Reality and unique QR code functionality to enhance the in-game experience.
More articles about Tekken Card Tournament