Gears of War: Judgment delivers the most intense and challenging Gears of War game yet, with a campaign that takes you back to the immediate aftermath of Emergence Day — the defining event of the Gears of War universe — to test your mettle in highly competitive new multiplayer modes.
Set years before the events of the previous Gears of War trilogy, Judgment centers on Kilo Squad, a troop of soldiers led by Damon Baird and Augustus "The Cole Train" Cole. They are joined by newcomers to the Gears series, Sofia Hendricks and Garron Paduk, as they attempt to save the besieged city of Halvo Bay from a terrifying new enemy.
Early access on Xbox Live begins March 15 exclusively to GameStop PowerUp Rewards members who preorder “Judgment” online or at any GameStop location nationwide, and the demo will be accessible to all Xbox Live Gold members worldwide once the game launches on March 19.
The “early access” experience for PowerUp Rewards members who preorder at GameStop will be available from Friday, March 15 at 11:59 p.m. PT to Monday, March 18 at 11:59 p.m. PT. This offer also applies retroactively to members who have previously preordered the game at GameStop.
As an added bonus, multiplayer experience points (XP) earned will carry over to the final game for players who purchase and play “Judgment” in the first week following its U.S. release, allowing them to get a jump on the competition and begin unlocking special rewards, like new weapon skins, medals and achievements.
On top of the “early access” experience, fans who preorder “Judgment” from GameStop will also receive two exclusive pre-order bonuses for use in competitive multiplayer modes:
- “Young Marcus” character skin – Decorated war hero Marcus Fenix is the legendary leader of Delta Squad, a small group of COG soldiers responsible for saving mankind from destruction at the hands of Locust and Lambent forces. This exclusive character skin takes Marcus back in time, six weeks after the end of the Pendulum Wars, and during the chaos of Emergence Day – a time before he was hardened by his long imprisonment.
- Lambent weapon skin – This exclusive weapon skin lets you show off your grub-slaying exploits and customize select weapons with the emulsion of your fallen Lambent foes.
Additionally, everyone who preorders “Judgment” from any retailer worldwide will receive the Classic Hammerburst, a fearsome and effective weapon that served as the standard-issue assault rifle of the Locust Army.
- Gears of War: Judgment features a Mission Declassification system that lets players experience more challenging gameplay scenarios and achievements by uncovering critical information during the course of the campaign.
- Gears of War: Judgment introduces a new Smart Spawn System [S3] for both campaign and multiplayer action. This new system ensures that each encounter is unique and new because types, timing and locations of enemies change with each new encounter.
- Gears of War: Judgment introduces new multiplayer experiences, including OverRun, a class-based competitive mode that lets five-player teams alternate between playing as Locusts and COG soldiers.
- Playable cooperatively with up to three friends on Xbox Live (four players total), Gears of War: Judgment depicts the planet Sera on the brink of annihilation by an unstoppable new Locust menace.
More articles about Gears of War: Judgment