Set in the 16th through 19th century, Oldetime Knuckle Up pits gamers to square off in one-on-one matches. For the first time, players will experience the same brutal intensity and “no holds barred” rules under which historic fearless, tenacious, and bold to the core sparrers like Bareknuckle greats John L. Sullivan and Tom Cribb fought.
Each character is brought to life by authentic voiceover dialects, facial/body/personality back-stories, and a motion capture mixture of boxing, wrestling and mixed martial arts (without the kicking). Immediately you are thrown in the fray to raise and thrust your fists for money. Oldetime Knuckle Up, a pure game of skill, gives you a chance to beat or be beaten at the mercy of a spirited or unforgiving crowd, while enduring some of the most realistic and gruesome fighting conditions.
You must expect the unexpected! Your decisions not only change your fighting style, appearance, power, and speed, but also whether you encounter a quality or bribed handler, earn game perks, or win over a patron to cover your stakes toward becoming their hero – fighting for America, England and Australia championships. Putting on a good show for your spectators can be as important as winning your match. Are you ready to let your showmanship influence your rise to the gore and glory?
“From the conceptual and marketing phase to the media and PR campaigns, we have been lucky enough to be involved in the process leading up to this amazing launch,” shared Oliver Cassagnol, SSAS Enterprises LLC Director, Assistant General Counsel, “Even in its pre-BETA stage, the game combines strategy and action with realistic movement and stimulating graphics in a format unseen in the industry today. It should definitely be a Top Kickstarter Project.”
“The enthusiasm amongst reviewers, boxing industry, and gaming community for our game has been amazingly overwhelming,” says Oldetime CEO and Co-Founder Jean Borgella. “We can’t wait to share the game and our Kickstarter incentives, ranging from Going the Distance (an exclusive complimentary pre-launch game download) to Knock Out (having a character made in a supporter’s image), worldwide. We truly appreciate everyone’s invaluable support.”
- Experience over 10 different fighting styles with more to come as you rise through the ranks.
- Unlock two power rankings through Knuckle Up’s reputation meter and heart meter to gain control and precision, strength and resolution recovery, position advantages and power, along with more of a cut of the purse at the end of the bout.
- Unlock 12 special body crippling and knockout blows based on your character.
- Battle at least 30 opponents to earn various patrons to cover your stakes and buy customized, character-building items like knickers, boots, belts, training camp, medicine, hospital lodgings, attention from the ladies, and much more.
- Earn victories to experience the crowd showering you with gifts – from money and fine dining to cigars and whiskey and more – to make a living between fights and retire with some dignity.
- Let your showmanship gain you even greater benefits like owning a boxing gym, amphitheater, or pub, along with enjoying protection from tough crowds or ruffians.
- Fight outdoors and inside 7 classic Bareknuckle venues in scenic Britain and Ireland or rough-and-tumble New World spots like Brooklyn.
- Play solo against the computer, challenge a friend in arcade style, or take the match online. From the boxing crowd reputation meter to the heart meter, this solo and multiplayer Steam-based game gives gamers strategic challenges that go beyond a typical fighting game.
More articles about Oldetime Knuckle Up