Crosse Studios has launched a Lacrosse 14 Kickstarter campaign ($210,000 goal) which allows the community and fans to help fund Lacrosse 14 through preorders and also experience the thrill of being featured in the game itself.
Lacrosse 14 takes you on a journey through the history of lacrosse like never experienced before in a sports title. Starting as a Native American midfielder in the open plains of the 1600’s, the player will evolve with the game and transition to play in the first intercollegiate games of the late 1800s. As the player develops, he will lead his 1970’s team to the first National Championship and from there to the Championships of the 21st century held in NFL football stadiums in front of more than 100,000 fans. Eventually, the player will venture into the future and play in front of millions on Monday Night Lacrosse, a time in which lacrosse is king. (Stretch Goal)
“This is what we have been waiting for,” said Carlo Sunseri, founder of Crosse Studio. “Together, as a lacrosse community, we will create history by building a video game that captures the authenticity and realism of lacrosse like never before.” Carlo went on to add “What makes our campaign unique is that fans who preorder can have their name and face in Lacrosse 14 forever. It’s not very often that the average person gets to be included in their favorite video game!”
Lacrosse 14 combines the player movement and passing of basketball with the stick control, shooting, and hitting of hockey to create a high scoring, action-packed lacrosse video game.
- High Scoring: Say goodbye to that “I can’t score” feeling of standard sports video games. Lacrosse averages 20+ goals per game. Get ready to sting corners!
- Big Hits: Line up the ball carrier for huge hits by perfectly timing up your attack. Imagine a football linebacker with a titanium shaft. Lay him down!
- Dynamic Stick Protection: Enjoy 360-degree live stick control to protect your stick as you dodge your way past multiple defenders. Dangles for days!
- Combination Stick Checks: Strip the ball away from the offense with various sword-like stick checks. Slice and dice!
- Evasive Dodging: Execute combination dodge moves to work your way past the defense. Lacrosse players are pure athletes. First you break their ankles, and then you break their heart.
- Quick Stick Passing: Perform amazingly accurate and fast passing to exploit your opponents. Tic-tac-toe anyone?
- Face-offs: Control every movement of your players stick in first person face-offs. Clamp, pinch and pop, laser? Its in your hands!
- Groundballs: Decide if you are going to pick up the ball with two hands, one hand, or go for the quick Indian pickup. The team who wins the GB battles, wins the war!
- Transition Offense: The team who knows how to create numbers is the team who knows how to score goals! Find the 2v1s!
- Transition Defense: Its on you to decide when to stop ball, when to scrape, and when to rotate. Transition defense will make or break you!
- Settled Offense: There are times to push transition and there are times to settle the ball down. Do you know the difference? Championship teams do...
- Settled Defense: How far do you want to close out to play the ball? Are you going to pack it in and play zone? Slide from the crease or adjacent? Want to lock off their two best players? If you can't play defense, you are going to be in a world of hurt...
- Goalie Play: Are you okay facing twelve yard 100mph bombs? Then send your slide early and be ready to react. Looking for low angle shots on GLE? Call for hard top-side angles and force them underneath... You are the General. Command the defense.
- Quick Game - Short on time? Pick up the controller and play the fastest game on two feet from the comfort of your living room! Lacrosse 14 will feature hundreds of custom teams and thousands of unique players!
- Massive Dynasty Mode - Negotiate player scholarships, sign sponsors, hire top-flight coaching staff, and set intense training programs to build the ultimate team.
- Online Multiplayer - Nothing is more rewarding than playing online versus friends and competitors. Our engine is built from the ground up with online gaming in the forefront. Quickly pick up the game for competitive ranked play or run a top-tier franchise with your friends through Dynasty Connect. Play competitively in ranked or unranked matches or mini-games. Earn badges and experience the rise to the top of the leaderboards.
- Lacrosse Academy - Create teams and players in the fully featured Lax Academy and share them online. Laxers are gear heads who love to rock the newest and coolest equipment. The Lax Academy opens up endless customization options from the player’s height, weight, skin and physique to facial features and hairstyle. Equipment selection allows for customizations of helmets, jerseys, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, stick shafts, stick heads, war paint, socks and shoes.
- Highlight Videos - Save and share videos of your best plays to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks.
• Mini-Games (Unlocked at $265,000) -Play online or offline in a variety of mini-games. Improve your Dynasty player’s attributes by outdoing the competition.
Sniper Mode: Similar to a soccer penalty shot, the player will start from 10 yards away and need to hit targets in the goal. Once all targets are hit, the player will move to a different location. The goal is to destroy the most targets in a particular time span.
Goalie Mode: Instead of being the shooter, the user jumps in as goalie to deny the computer or opponent from scoring.
Braveheart: A staple in lacrosse camps across the country, Braveheart mode is a full-field, 1 v. 1 game, which starts with a face-off and ends in sudden death. Each team will only have 1 field player and a goalie.
Dodging Challenge: The player will need to dodge various waves of oncoming defenders and score as many goals as possible.
Shooting Challenge: Targets will randomly spawn in the goal and the player will need to successfully snipe the targets before time expires.
Skills Challenge: This challenge combines all aspects of lacrosse. The player will need to pick up a ground ball, run through cones, make accurate passes at targets, and then snipe targets located in the goal in the least amount of time possible.
• Real-Time RPG Skill Development (Unlocked at $345,000) - Level up your Dynasty player’s attributes by successfully executing specific skill combinations.
Real-time skill development puts the user in control of their player’s improvement. Say goodbye to the static leveling up of XP points. In Lacrosse 14, the more you execute a skill, the quicker your player improves in the ability statically and visually. For example, your top face-off guy can win draws, but he cannot shoot to score if his life depended on it. The only way to improve in real life is to get reps. The same holds true in Lacrosse 14. The more shots you take with that face-off player, the quicker his shooting velocity and accuracy attributes will improve. At the same time, that player’s shooting animations become more fluid and natural.
• Interactive Recruiting (Unlocked at $420,00) - In Dynasty mode, travel to summer lacrosse tournaments and scout by playing as potential recruits in tournament games. With interactive recruiting, the user will actually play in the summer tournament games and get a first-person feel for the talent level of each potential recruit. This mode offers a recruiting experience that allows the user to target the players who best fit their style of play. Are you looking for a big strong defenseman that can protect the crease? How about the small insanely fast attackman who can dish from any spot on the pitch? This one’s on you Coach.
• Classic Games (Unlocked at $465,000) - Recreate all of the amazing moments over the last 30 years of lacrosse and change the course of history.
Impenetrable Team Defense – The player must do anything and everything to keep the opposing team’s high-octane offense under 5 goals.
Shutdown Row – The All-American attackman is the only thing that stands in the way of winning the National Championship. Deny him any opportunity to score at all costs.
Untouchable Goalie –Your goalie must stand on his head if your team has any chance to come through with a win.
Hero at the X - Win all but 2 face-offs. The game is won and lost at the face-off X. Possess the ball and handle the challenge.
Don’t Call it a Comeback –There are two minutes left in the fourth quarter and your team is down by four goals. This is where legends are made.
• Immortal Mode (Unlocked at $580,000) - Progress from a Native American playing lacrosse in the 1600s to a superstar lacrosse player in the future of 2050.
Lacrosse 14 takes you on a journey through the history of lacrosse like never experienced before in a sports title. Starting as a Native American midfielder in the open plains of the 1600’s, the player will evolve with the game and transition to play in the first intercollegiate games of the late 1800s. As the player develops, he will lead his 1970’s team to the first National Championship and from there to the Championships of the 21st century held in NFL football stadiums in front of more than 100,000 fans. Eventually, the player will venture into the future and play in front of millions on Monday Night Lacrosse, a time in which lacrosse is king.
More articles about Lacrosse 14