Once upon a time, there was a boy named Renyawho wasn’t very lucky. One day, as he was walked through the local mall, a girl in a maid costume beckoned for him to try his hand at a lottery.
Hesitantly, Renyamade his way over to the device and turned the crank, wholly expecting his usual poor luck to kick in and for him to win nothing.
However, this time, something was different.
This time, Renyawon the Grand Prize.
And the Grand Prize...is to become God...
The Guided Fate Paradox is an RPG in the Rogue-like style which are known for their appeal to hardcore gamers who enjoy dungeon crawling and finding loot. If a player dies in a dungeon, they lose all levels and items they obtained up to that point and must restart essentially from scratch. The meat of the gameplay is the dungeon adventuring, while the story is usually little more than a set-up for the adventure.
The Guided Fate Paradox takes the best part of this subgenre (tons of loot, strategic gameplay, random dungeons) and couches it in a tale worthy of any other great RPG franchise.
The game also features more depth than other games in the subgenre, in that players can increase Renya’sbase stats permanently—they will not be lost even if he perishes in battle. Special loot can also be stowed away for later use, removing one of the most frustrating elements of typical Rogue-likes.
In this way, the title takes the bests elements of both genres and fuses them in a dynamic and fresh way!
In addition to deep and fulfilling gameplay, The Guided Fate Paradox offers players a compelling story with characters illustrated by NoiziIto (The Melancholy of HaruhiSuzumiya, Shakuganno Shana)!
One of the staples of the Rogue-like genre is getting loot from enemies in dungeons, and this game is no different! You can equip drops immediately, and equipping items will change your character’s appearance. Equipment ranges from cool armor to wacky race car legs! Plus, each weapon has its own special attack or bonus skill that is flashy, exciting, and often ridiculous!
Dungeons are randomly generated, so a new challenge will present itself each time. Themes range from fantastic fairy tale castles to zombie-riddled graveyards. Each map is rotatable for strategic planning and to find the best view of the action!
- In-depth customization featuring off the wall armor, weapons, and more. Want tank treads for legs? Or maybe race car legs instead? Well, there you go!
- 3D randomly generated dungeons offer floor after floor of surprises! Don’t be afraid to die, you’re God! The levels you gain while dungeon delving will help boost your stats!
- Features the beautiful artwork of Noizi Ito (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Hi-resolution 3D sprites offer sublime visuals while you ogre through the game’s ethereal dungeons! You won’t be alone though, angels are by your side!
- Disgaea-inspired over-the-top special attacks allow you to crush your enemies with creativity drizzled with a slight hint of levity!
More articles about The Guided Fate Paradox