During the Roman Ludi, not only gladiatorial fights or theatrical plays entertained the public, but also the thrilling, fast and dangerous races of the aurigas driving their four-horse chariots: the quadrigas! Symbol of Victory and Triumph, and seen as a Godly chariot (Apollo was often represented riding one) on the earthly world, it was the most important chariot adopted in ancient Roman circus racing.
Rushing fast inside the Circus Maximus each auriga could not rely only on his horses speed, but also had to use strategy and wit.
Now, with Qvadriga, players will be able to revive the historical races of Ancient Rome and became the greatest driver of the ancient world!
Choose your preferred upgrade combinations and prove your skills in the arena. Select the most cunning actions which your team could perform against the best drivers of the ancient world: shake reins, whip horses, choose lanes, hold tight while negotiating curves, avoid incoming attacks, block enemies path, lacerate and whip them until achieving victory.
Start an epic campaign from the most modest tracks of the empire, assemble a mighty team and build your fame throughout the provinces until amassing enough wealth to finally open the gates of Rome's greatest competition at the Circus Maximus, where you will be able to enter history and gain the favor of the gods.
The game features historically modeled circuses with all their styles and particularities. Variable circuit sizes, lengths and shapes, from the classic Greek oval hippodrome to the standard Roman circuses for a total of 43 unique arenas. Thanks to the dual game system you can play the way you like: paused turn-based gameplay (static) or continuous real time action (dynamic).
Events, trade, upgrades and bonuses; four factions, a huge campaign system with seven regions to travel and an expert AI. Qvadriga is all this and much more!
If this sounds like something which appeals to you we are now recruiting Beta testers! For you chance to take part please sign up here.
- Historically modeled circuses with all their styles and particularities. Variable sizes, lengths and shapes, from the classic Greek oval hippodrome to the standard Roman circus.
- Variable number of rivals: Participate in tactical four-team races, dive into mayhem with sixteen opponents.
- Expert AI able to recognize their situation and maximize their strengths.
- Dual game system: paused turn-based gameplay (static) or continuous real time action (dynamic). Play which you like.
- One-click decision making interface triggers a sheer variety of engaging consequences.
- Upgradable team components: charioteers' skill and constitution can be improved, also chariot’s quality and size and horses' speed and endurance. Any combination is useful, provided you take advantage of its strengths.
- Six historic factions to belong, which grants particular upgrades to your team.
- Huge campaign system with seven regions to travel, starting in any of them, from the exotic arenas of the far East to the Northern barbarian borders.
- 43 circuses to run, seven starting circus available from the beginning, unlock higher category circuses by building your fame.
- Unique bonus at every city that could affect all competition aspects.
- Race events enrich campaign altering race conditions. Your faction will try to help in the darkest hours, if you are successful your rivals will make things harder.
- Buy, sell, heal and repair teams. Find the best components by gaining access to higher category circuses, hire medic, craftsmen and veterinary services to increase performance and configure the most competitive team.
More articles about Qvadriga