Journey as the amnesiac ninja Kisuke as you travel east in search for the legendary demon blades. Or travel west as Momohime, a princess possessed by a vengeful spirit as you search for the same blades. With 108 powerful blades, each with a special deadly attack, fend off enemies from big to small in this exciting action-RPG specially redesigned for the PlayStation Vita!
Utilizing hand-drawn artwork, Muramasa Rebirth brings mythical Japan to life!
The Genroku Legends DLC for Muramasa Rebirth will be arriving in North America starting with Fishy Tales of the Nekomata in early 2014!
With additional stories, new gameplay, special bosses, and more, “Genroku Legends” will reveal new chapters in the Muramasa Rebirth tale.
Fishy Tales of the Nekomata
Tasked with taking a prized tea set to the shogun, Okoi and her brother set out on a journey to Edo. However, Okoi’s family’s chief retainer will stop at nothing to retake the tea set from Okoi. What once was a simple courier service mission just got a lot more dangerous!
- New Weaponry - Unlike Kisuke or Momohime, who use the powerful demon blades to rain death and destruction down on their enemies, Okoi uses her razor-sharp claws as well as a myriad of special powers to claim victory in battle. And by fusing with her companion Miike (mee-ke), she can transform herself in to a truly formidable foe.
- Enhance Okoi’s Abilities - As Okoi primarily uses her claws to attack her foes, the "Forging" mechanic has been replaced by a skill tree that will allow you to improve and strengthen her various abilities.
- Meet New Characters and Fight New Bosses - A host of new characters, enemies, and final bosses are present in Okoi's adventure, as well as her feline compatriot, Miike. The "Fishy Tales of the Nekomata" DLC is chock-full of new foes and evil fiends, all inspired by traditional Japanese folklore!
- Go Paw-to-Toe with all of the Bosses - Once players have completed “Fishy Tales of the Nekomata,” they can take on all the boss characters in the main Muramasa Rebirth storylines! Test Okoi's prowess against the toughest foes in the game!
- Redesigned for the PlayStation Vita, Muramasa includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more!
- Two Stories – Follow Momohime, a princess possessed by an evil spirit, and journey west battling demons and much more! Or follow Kisuke, a ninja who has lost his memory, and travel east in search of the demon blades.
- Hi-Res Graphics – Using hand-drawn graphics and Japanese artistic styling, Muramasa Rebirth creates a colorfully painted world on your PS Vita screen!
- 108 Blades – Search and forge new deadly weapons and build an inventory of up to 108 blades. Each blade has a unique special ability. Equip yourself with these deadly blades and become more powerful as your foes close in on you!
- Purchase Additional DLC Characters – Play in four additional scenarios as different characters!
More articles about Muramasa Rebirth