Taking place in modern day, in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 players assume the role of a weakened Dracula, who's been resurrected by an old ally in exchange for his help in defeating a powerful threat as old as time itself: Satan. Satan's returned to the world to bring about the apocalypse and settle an old score for his defeat years ago.
The world of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 breaks new ground for the series, offering for the first time a truly open play area, which can be freely explored. Despite its modern setting, the game's city shows a Gothic legacy that harks back to Dracula's past, and is inhabited by a varied menagerie of Satan's hordes. Players can freely wander the city, returning to previously explored areas as they accrue new abilities, while an all-new fully moveable camera allows users to pan around as they explore, highlighting the wonderful art direction the series is famous for.
The central combat elements have also been thoroughly enhanced, with the addition of a Void Sword that is used to steal life force from stricken foes, and Chaos Claws that can smash through even the strongest protection. These also tie in with Dracula's ability to strengthen his powers using the blood of his foes, allocating the resources he collects to build up specific skill attributes. Thus, from his weakened state, the player can determine the attributes that will assist him in his quest.
Following extensive consultation with Castlevania's enviable fan base, the sequel expands upon its predecessor with a new storyline, villains, visuals and additional features, providing a more extensive open world and immersive experience.
- Play as Dracula for the first time. Collect deadly powers and abilities to devastate foes with strategic combat.
- New environments. The world features deep exploration in a modern setting and the massive corridors of Dracula's castle.
- New abilities. Change into mist, control enemies and disappear again.
- Elaborate environments and boss battles. Traverse levels using platforming mechanics and engage in massive Titan fights with real-time physics.
- Drink blood for eternal strength. Drinking the blood of your enemies fuels your abilities.
More articles about Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2