- The world: Enter a living, breathing forest with changing weather patterns, plants that grow and die. Tides that roll in and out with the day/night cycle. Below ground explore a vast network of caves and underground lakes.
- Complete player freedom: Chop down trees to build a camp, or start a fire to keep warm. Scavenge food to keep yourself from starving. Find and plant seeds to grow food. Build a small shelter or a large ocean side fortress. decorate your home with found items. Lay traps and defenses to keep a safe perimeter.
- Gameplay: Explore and build during the day. Defend your base at night. Craft weapons and tools.Bunker down during the evening or bring the fight directly to the enemy.
- Fight or Hide: Use stealth to evade enemies, or engage them directly with crude weapons built from sticks and stones.
- A new type of open world, survival horror experience: Defend yourself against a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families, morals and that appear almost human.
- Full VR experience: Support for the Oculus Rift VR headset for the most immersive experience possible.
More articles about The Forest