In 2326, rival gangs formed an ultra-violent street sports league called Speedball to settle their deadly disputes. Two teams face each other in bloody battles for a steel ball: Nine on nine – in an all-out rush on the opponents’ goal. Almost any malicious move is permitted. The winner of the matches secures supremacy over the city.
The highly anticipated PC revival to the legendary Amiga classic transforms the futuristic game setting with state-of-the-art technology into a high-speed sports spectacle.
There are a huge variety of game modes and options - quick matches, single player tournaments, one-on-one multiplayer and full career mode. Your ultimate mission is to assemble your own Speedball team to win the Speedball Intergalactic Champions League and bring the greatest prize in Speedball back to Earth.
Choose from 28 teams across 6 new Speedball Arenas, Speedball 2 HD includes all the intense gameplay of the original with new teams, more formations and in particular the new Fire, Ice and Cyber teams.
“Over the years so many of today’s Indie developers have been telling us how much our games meant to them, some asking us to bring them back on digital formats and some even begging us to be able to get involved with the development themselves. Speedball 2 HD proves that the synergy between old classic titles and modern digital formats, along with wise old heads working with fresh new talent has never been stronger” said Jon Hare.
“Speedball 2 HD is a faithful remake of the original futuristic cybersports game. It is as arresting and enjoyable as ever and we’ve added some cool updates to allow today’s gamers to connect with it on their favourite platforms.” commented Mike Montgomery.
- HD Graphics in classic Speedball style
- 6 brand new Speedball Arenas
- Choose from 336 unique players and 28 Teams across 4 Planets
- Full Player Transfer Market and Player Upgrade System
- Ability to create and customise your own ultimate Speedball team
- 5 different Formations allowing strategy changes during play
- Score with Goals, Bonus shots and Brutal Knockouts
- A host of Steam Badges, Cards and Wallpapers to collect
- Over 20 power-ups and special effects
- Multiple game modes including 10 Season Career Mode and 10 Single-Player Game Modes
- Supports game pad and keyboard controls for 2 players at once
- Local multiplayer mode includes customisable tournaments for up to 8 player teams
- Plenty of Trophies and Achievements to collect
- The World famous “Ice Cream... Ice Cream!!” sample
More articles about Speedball 2 HD