Galactic Civilizations III is the definitive 4X space strategy game, coming exclusively to 64-bit PCs. Galactic Civilizations III stays true to the core mechanics while adding more depth and options for players to create their own immortal legacy as rulers of the galaxy.
Galactic Civilizations casts the player as the all-powerful leader of a spacefaring civilization that must explore, expand and colonize new worlds across the galaxy. Dominating rival alien species through technological, economic, political and military prowess tests players’ cultural, ideological, and diplomatic skills as they pursue victory via peaceful or belligerent means.
Galactic Civilizations III gives players far more detail in the textures, models, and overall look of everything from the planets they colonize to the fleets they command. New interstellar terrain elements on the hex-based map like black holes and mysterious Precursor relics change the way players explore the galaxy. A completely overhauled ship builder puts nearly every element of starship design in players’ hands, while the new resource system creates fresh opportunities to explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate.
- Incomparable scale: 64-bit architecture allows players to experience unprecedented graphical fidelity and variety, an entirely new level of scale, and opens the door for modders to add a virtually unlimited amount of content to the game.
- Completely redesigned ship builder: An overhauled ship builder puts nearly every element of starship design in players’ hands.
- All-new map features: Interstellar terrain from black holes to enigmatic Precursor relics change the way players explore the map and build their economies.
- Greater political intrigue. The all-new diplomacy system tests players’ cultural, ideological and diplomatic skills as they pursue the many non-military routes to victory.
- Multiplayer: For the first time, Galactic Civilizations players will be able to compete against each other via the Internet.
More articles about Galactic Civilizations III