Staying true to turn-based strategy, Battle Worlds: Kronos is all about using your units and resources to the greatest possible effect. In order to win, you will need to consider factors like the positioning of units, attack range, armament and equipped upgrades.Victory or defeat - your tactics will decide.
All units in the game have a unique character, setting them apart from all other units and giving them well-defined strengths and weaknesses. You can further individualize them by assigning specific upgrades. Most units allow for two leveled upgrades, each with two options to choose from. The campaign sometimes allows you to take some of your victorious units with you and improve them over the course of several missions.
KING Art studios made a prototype of Battle Worlds: Kronos six years ago, but even after it gained popularity with the European strategy community, no publisher came forward to back the project. The studio turned to focus on other projects, in particular Book of Unwritten Tales. After seeing success with the point-and-click adventure, KING Art has returned to Battle Worlds: Kronos, rebuilding the game from the ground up with new technology and graphics, keeping the original idea and gameplay mechanics. Now it needs the support of gamers and strategists around the globe to see their project through to completion.
King Art Games has completed its first patch (in-game) aimed at increasing match speed, enhancing the multiplayer experience and general fixes.
Patch v1.1 includes the following changes:
- AI units now move in parallel making AI turns faster
- AI animations can now be disabled
- Units covering far distance accelerate over time
- Leagues are now available for all players
- Players can collect points and gain ranks
- Players are now given a comprehensive Skill level
General fixes and optimizations
- Higher quality battle sounds for many units
- ounter-attack damage now displayed
- Revised AI algorithm for unit selection to reducing panning
- Balance tuning for numerous single-player missions
- uto-login to multiplayer features
More articles about Battle Worlds: Kronos