Planetary Annihilation’s rendering engine is brought to you by the team that developed the rendering engines for Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander. Uber Entertainment's engine will allow you to explore vast, new procedural worlds with diverse terrain and build on everything from small, airless rocks to huge earth-type planets. No two maps are exactly alike.
Other than Total Annihilation, which was asynchronous, most Real-Time Strategy games use a synchronous networking model, which means that all the computers in a given game are held back by the slowest machine. The Planetary Annihilation engine uses a client-server model so that the “heavy lifting” can be done on a game server, freeing up gamers’ machines to engage in bigger battles with more players!
Create new units, gametypes, maps and planet archetypes. Run your own servers with your own sets of units and game modes.
"It's a busy time for Nordic Games, especially as we've just finished buying all these black cars," said Klemens Kreuzer, Managing Director at Nordic Games, wearing a grey three-piece. "We're all dressing much better and we're bringing a legendary RTS franchise to players around the world with some very special retail SKUs for the hardcore fan."
"Nordic Games is helping us deliver the next-generation of real-time strategy gaming to our Kickstarter backers and global fan base," said Jon Mavor, CTO at Uber Entertainment, not wearing a suit at all. "We can't wait to show the press and fans what we've put together, it's a very exciting time to be a part of Uber Entertainment. I should clarify we're not THAT Uber. Nice suits, though."
Planetary Annihilation will have single-player, as well as multiplayer modes for up to 40 players. Players will be able to go head-to-head against each other and create massive free-for-all team based wars that can be waged across the galaxy.
- A solar system is your playground: Expand your empire to harness the resources of entire solar systems to create vast armies with which to annihilate enemy planets, destroy rival systems, and win the Galactic War!
- Pick Your Battles: Play a quick skirmish with a friend on a single planet map with a low unit cap or a 12+ hour game with 40 of your closest frenemies and thousands of units. You can also hone your skills against Planetary Annihilation’s AI or team up with a friend against multiple AI’s.
- Advanced Command and Control: Planetary Annihilation’s order queuing interface allows you to control massive armies spread across multiple worlds with ease. Get strategic views of the action anywhere, anytime by zooming in and out of the war zone, and use split interfaces and multiple windows to keep an eye on multiple battlegrounds at once.
- Procedural Planet Creator: Create custom or randomized maps with our procedural planet creator. Like what you see? Save them and share them with the Planetary Annihilation community.
- Streaming Resource Economy: Use resources to build mega projects. Assign swarms of construction units in realtime to manage your economy. Reclaim wreckage and terrain to quickly regroup after a battle.
More articles about Planetary Annihilation