"Mother Earth used to be a caring, loving mother. We know she loved all of us. What do you think went through her mind when she bear witness of her child murdering each other and burning down their own houses?
The pain, the grief…. the insanity. The latter of which I think, is what finally happened to her. "
- Anonymous, AD 2048
Project Nimbus is a very high speed mech action game set in a post apocalyptic world. Players control a humanoid battle suit armed with an arsenal of weapons called “BattleFrame”.
This is a mech game that lets you fly freely in the sky, dodge and intercept incoming missiles with machine guns, fight armies of hostiles with every kind of modern weapon you can imagine, Battle against numerous powerful colossal opponents with the power to annihilate armies, engage with many ace BattleFrame pilots, each has unique fighting styles and stories.
GameCrafterTeam has launched a kickstarter campaign to raise £6,000 (aprox. $10,000) so they can finish up the development of Project Nimbus.
The game is set in the late 21st century; decades after a great war devastated the Earth’s surface, making it unable to support human life. Mankind has escaped to the sky.
The world is divided into 3 factions; each possesses its own orbital elevator that feed energy to keep flying cities afloat.
We found ourselves trapped on our own planet. A handful of gigantic space elevators became our refuge. Great pillars hanging in a delicate balance from the heaven. We reform, rebuild, and re-purpose. We carved nations out of thin air.
Thus arrived; the age of sky. We thrive, even on the planet that no longer welcomes us.
- These giant robots have machine guns… and cannons… and A LOT of missiles… and laser… and rail guns… and drones. And you’re going to pilot one and fight armies of others. Is this explanation enough?
- Meet the flying experience that no other aircraft can offer, total freedom in 3 dimensions. Change flying directions in a split second with boosters. With a BattleFrame's unmatched power and speed, it's even possible to climb from the planet’s surface to low orbit altitude within minutes.
- Fly in vivid, beautiful skies at different times of the day, with various weather and above unique settings on the over-grown post apocalyptic planet.
- You can replay the cleared story missions with any BattleFrames you have encountered in your campaign. From allied BattleFrames to various kinds of enemy grunts, even ‘boss’ BattleFrames; the enemy ace pilot’s personal machine can be yours.
- The sky of Project Nimbus is not a welcoming place for rookie BattleFrame pilots, or even for veterans. It's filled with many famous, very highly skilled ace pilots, gigantic fleets of capitol ships and several doomsday colossal 'super weapons' like a Mega 500m. tall giant flying robots, giant weapon satellites filled with nuclear weapons or flying space fortresses.
More articles about Project Nimbus