Renaissance Heroes, previously known as "DaVinci Online," combines classic multiplayer action with unparalleled visual realism powered by the Unreal Engine 3 technology to deliver the fun of fast-action shooters to a new generation of gamers. Renaissance Heroes invites players of all skill levels to experience the adrenaline-pumping action coupled with easy accessibility in a completely free to play environment later this year.
Leonardo da Vinci, famed inventor and artist, was at the forefront of a new scientific revolution of scholars and scientists. This revolution put them at odds with the Church, pushing da Vinci into action. In this struggle against the Church, da Vinci merged science with alchemy and created the Machine, a weapon of great power and science. Rumors of the device soon spread and attracted the wild imaginations of those who aspired for power, money and fame. This Machine, however, was also highly unstable, exploding and killing da Vinci in its first test. With the Machine destroyed and the blueprints scattered, the race to reassemble these plans and change the fate of the Renaissance has begun.
“We are very excited at the thought of showcasing our final product to the community,” said Matthew Lenehan, Producer at ChangYou.com (US) Inc. “After our Closed Beta and Open Beta periods, we received valuable feedback from both our community and all those involved in the testing. Because of this, we were able to fix certain issues that needed to be addressed, as well as add more exciting content that players can look forward to. Our goal is to provide the community with ongoing updates and new content that will enhance their gameplay experience in Renaissance Heroes.”
- The beautifully re-imagined world of the 16th century Renaissance period powered by the advanced Unreal Engine 3 technology with characters, weaponry and locales all elegantly designed to reflect the regal atmosphere of the time.
- Competitive multiplayer environments of up to 12 players, including popular game modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag. The game features a comprehensive ranking system as well as over 100 unlockable achievements!
- Fight side-by-side with or compete against a selection of eight playable heroes, each with their own unique visuals and abilities to suit different play styles.
- An arsenal of over a dozen of Renaissance-inspired weaponry familiar to any FPS fan. Snipe opponents from a distance with the crossbow or crush them at close range with a battle hammer.
- Enhanced A.I. bots, in-game currency and experience reward system provide challenges to level up your character.
More articles about Renaissance Heroes