Twitch Turbo users will also gain access to exclusive chat badges, emoticons, and colors which enable enhanced interactivity between broadcasters and viewers.
“The Twitch community loves watching video games, chatting, and broadcasting,” said Emmett Shear, CEO of Twitch. “The average viewer watches over an hour and a half of video each day! Over two-thirds of our logged-in users chat each day. We wanted to find a way to provide the ultimate Twitch experience: Twitch Turbo. We're very excited to launch it, and we'll be looking to the community to help us make Twitch Turbo even … ultimatier.”
With a Turbo account, Twitch users receive:
- Ad-free Twitch: An uninterrupted video experience and no display advertising.
- Exclusive Turbo badge: A way to proudly show the community your passion for Twitch.
- Custom emoticon set: A choice between the standard set and an all-new set of emoticons to express digital emotions.
- Expanded chat colors: The ability to stand out from the crown with Turbo-only chat colors.
- Priority customer support: A way to get into the front of the line when you need help.
Twitch Turbo is available for $8.99 per month.