Starting on launch day, downloadable content will be available for purchase on a regular basis in the Nintendo eShop for 3DS. The downloadable content includes all-new Mystery Dungeons to explore, new items to collect, and new Pokémon to interact with. As a special treat for fans, the first piece of downloadable content, the Poké Forest Mystery Dungeon, will be free to download from launch day until April 30. Three additional downloadable Mystery Dungeons will be available to purchase when the game launches, and additional content will launch regularly throughout April.
In addition to the single-player dungeon exploration of Hero Mode, the game includes local multiplayer for up to four players in Companion Mode. By connecting wirelessly, players can work together to explore new Mystery Dungeons and collect experience and items that carry over to Hero Mode. Players can also help out other players by tagging them using the StreetPass feature and reviving their fallen Pokémon using Reviver Seeds.
- Most of your time playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity will be spent in vast dungeons full of Pokémon! The dungeons can be dangerous, but there are many rewards that await those who explore their depths. If you can get all the way through a dungeon, great rewards may be yours. But if you get knocked out, you may have to return all the way to the entrance of the dungeon and lose some of your items and money, too!
- The floor plan of a dungeon is randomly created every time you enter, meaning you'll never take a trip through the same map twice! A map on the Touch Screen will automatically fill in as you explore each level, so you'll know when you've been down every path.
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, each move happens one step at a time. After you move one space or take a single action (such as attacking), all the other Pokémon will take their own actions in turn. If you don't move, nobody else will either, meaning you have all the time you need to think through your battle strategy.
- Most of the Pokémon inside dungeons will attack you when they spot you. Be prepared for battle at any time!
- You'll find items scattered around dungeons everywhere you go. Many items can be used as weapons and will come in handy during battles. There are many valuable items to help you make your way through a dungeon.
- Stay on the lookout for traps inside dungeons! Traps are unpredictable, but usually include ones that affect your stats, or send you flying across a floor. They're just one more way that each trip into a dungeon will be unique.
More articles about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity