Dreamfall Chapters is being developed in collaboration with Blink Studios and brings together the original Dreamfall team, including writer/director Ragnar Tørnquist (The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, The Secret World), art director Christer Sveen (Dreamfall, The Secret World) and writer Dag Scheve (Dreamfall, The Secret World). Lead designer Martin Bruusgard (Age of Conan, The Secret World) is also joining the core team, bringing fresh eyes and years of design experience to the project.
The Director's Cut, of course, adds back all the content we had to cut for cost reasons, along with a director's commentary of the game. With a bigger budget, we can hire more people and we can bring back the locations, characters, puzzles and conversations that were left on the cutting room floor. These include:
- The House of Dreams, one of the more old-school-elegant Emporiums in Europolis. Built to resemble the romantic 'ideal' of the opium dens of the late 1800s and early 1900s, it's dark and moody, filled with velvet and silk and incense, and everyone who works there is appropriately (or inappropriately) dressed. Madame Nyx is the flamboyant proprietor of The House of Dreams, a loud and boisterous character who has built a business out of supplying customers with lucid dreams.
- Then there is Likho, a fierce, one-eyed Dolmari fighter and a member of the underground resistance in Marcuria. His background is a mystery, but something in his past has made him hate the Azadi people more than most, and his history is intertwined somehow with Kian's.
- Falk Friedman is a Corporate Jäger employed by various global conglomerates and corporations to take care of unofficial, off-the-books business. He has just been hired by WatiCorp to hunt someone or something down -- but who that (or what) is, we're not going to reveal. Yet!
Revisiting familiar locations and characters, and introducing new sights and sounds, new faces, new game mechanics, new thrills and challenges, Dreamfall Chapters takes the player on an emotional, exciting and challenging journey -- from a dystopian cyberpunk future, through the mysterious and dreamlike Storytime, to the magical landscapes of Arcadia.
Red Thread Games aims to recapture the heart and soul of The Longest Journey and to improve on the immersion and game mechanics of Dreamfall in order to bring you a fitting, satisfying and emotional conclusion to the Dreamer Cycle.
- Experience a deep and complex storyline that continues the epic saga of The Longest Journey and concludes the Dreamer Cycle that began with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
- Explore a beautiful, rich, detailed, interactive and living world that mixes a cyberpunk vision of the future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamworld
- Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls
- 3D point-and-click interface and engaging puzzle gameplay designed for fans of adventure games
More articles about Dreamfall Chapters