Toki Tori 2 is a platform / puzzle game with a living, breathing game world where the creatures that inhabit it act as the tools for the player to solve the puzzles. The game is designed to reward player curiosity, and does not have any artificial gameplay limitations such as locked doors or invisible walls. Players are able to make their way through the game based on the level of knowledge they have of the game world.
Toki Tori 2's design gives players the freedom to figure everything out for themselves and have fun in the process. Instead of telling players what to do and where to go, we think facilitating exploration and experimentation makes for a far more rewarding experience. We don’t use tutorials or text screens, there is no text at all in the game. Who reads that anyway?
The game's Metroidvania style open world opens up because players learn more about the world and its creatures, not because we hand out more moves or items. This means inquisitive players can go anywhere right from the start while less experienced players can simply follow the game's flow and build up their arsenal of knowledge on their own terms.
The game's story is told through interactive in-game story advancing sections, which never take away control from the player. While progressing through the game, the story will slowly unfold and will show the true potential of our unlikely chicken hero Toki Tori.
- Solve puzzles by manipulating the creatures in your environment.
- Simple Whistle and Stomp moves make it super accessible.
- A Metroidvania style open world without artificial barriers.
- Follow the 'path of least resistance' or stray off-road and explore.
- Fully playable on the Wii U GamePad without the need for a TV.
- Use the GamePad as a camera, take photos of creatures for the Tokidex.
- No text or tutorials whatsoever.
More articles about Toki Tori 2