Originally scheduled for release in June, Disney Interactive has announced that it is delayed the launch of Disney Infinity until August, 2013 to give the development more time to add "bells & whistles."
For the first time, players will place real-world interactive figures – characters, power discs and Play Set pieces – on a device called the "Disney Infinity Base" to activate original, story-driven adventures in the game worlds, also known as “Play Sets,” of "Monsters University," "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Incredibles." In each respective ”Play Set,” players will take on the role of a variety of popular characters including Sulley, the naturally gifted scarer; Captain Jack Sparrow, the sword-wielding double crosser; and Mr. Incredible, one of the world's greatest crime-fighters, and battle enemies, solve challenging puzzles, overcome obstacles and complete a variety of other unique quests.
As players advance through each adventure, they will collect characters, vehicles, upgrades, gadgets and more which they can save to a virtual "Toy Box." At any time, players can access their personal "Toy Box" and use the items to create one-of-a-kind Disney adventures featuring any combination of characters, environments and items across all franchises. The possibilities are endless and players are only limited by their imaginations.
- Unprecedented Creative Play – Featuring a virtual "Toy Box" and a vast open world environment, players can create their own stories and customize their adventures combining characters, environments, gadgets, vehicles and more. The possibilities are truly infinite as Disney will add new additions from the company's vast library of entertainment properties.
- Infinite Storyline Possibilities – Disney prides itself on its storytelling culture and for the first time ever, Disney Infinitywill put the story creation into the hands of consumers. Players will be able to create their own adventures in an open-world environment and will give players unprecedented freedom for creative play.
- Interactive Figures Activate In-Game Adventures and Customizations – Disney Infinity will initially introduce a line of 40 collectible interactive figures - characters, Play Set pieces and power discs - that allow players to expand and customize their play experiences. Over time, Disney Infinity will release additional characters and “Play Sets” and this platform will constantly evolve.
- 17 interactive character figures allow players to experience a variety of their favorite characters in each ”Play Set” and in "Toy Box" play
- 3 Play Set pieces that add new Disney and Disney•Pixar “Play Set” locations
- 20 power discs enhance environments, add gadgets and more
- Co-op Multiplayer Action – Disney Infinity supports 2 player co-op play in structured adventures and up to 4 players in "Toy Box" mode.
More articles about Disney Infinity