Staying true to turn-based strategy, Battle Worlds: Kronos is all about using your units and resources to the greatest possible effect. In order to win, you will need to consider factors like the positioning of units, attack range, armament and equipped upgrades.Victory or defeat - your tactics will decide.
All units in the game have a unique character, setting them apart from all other units and giving them well-defined strengths and weaknesses. You can further individualize them by assigning specific upgrades. Most units allow for two leveled upgrades, each with two options to choose from. The campaign sometimes allows you to take some of your victorious units with you and improve them over the course of several missions.
KING Art studios made a prototype of Battle Worlds: Kronos six years ago, but even after it gained popularity with the European strategy community, no publisher came forward to back the project. The studio turned to focus on other projects, in particular Book of Unwritten Tales. After seeing success with the point-and-click adventure, KING Art has returned to Battle Worlds: Kronos, rebuilding the game from the ground up with new technology and graphics, keeping the original idea and gameplay mechanics. Now it needs the support of gamers and strategists around the globe to see their project through to completion.
“We’re really excited at the thought of finally putting all the pieces of this game together, after having to stop development on the game some years ago. The time wasn’t right for a resurrection of classic turn-based strategy, but now we believe the world is ready” said Jan Theysen, Creative Director, KING Art games. “All of us here have been huge fans of classic turn-based strategies like Panzer Commander, Battle Isle and Advanced Wars since they first came out. Our aim is to recreate the tactical thinking, creativity and overall awesomeness of those titles, in a fresh and modern way. With the backing of fans of the genre I know we can deliver.”
Already at an advanced stage in its development, with community support and needing just $120,000 to be completed. Backers can expect to be taking part in an exclusive beta, on the receiving end of a copy of the game and, depending on the size of the pledge, have access to an easy to use map editor.
“This is a chance for fans to prove the publishers wrong. We think there’s a huge market for this sort of experience – we’re hoping that with the support of the global gaming community we can prove just that and literally kickstart the genre once again.”
- Single Player Campaigns - Fight for the "Yerla" faction, a highly technologized army. For the Rebels, make do with what you’ve got and fight a guerilla war. Together both campaigns will allow for more than 30 hours of gameplay.
- Single Player Challenge Maps - Test your skills in different combat scenarios and keep track of your progress.
- Live Multiplayer - Battle your friends live on the interent or via hot-seat.
- Asynchronous Multiplayer - Take all the time you need and consider your moves . Similar to “play-by-mail”, your round is stored on our server and turned over to your opponent. The system allows you to continue the match anytime and anywhere you want.
- Strong AI - A clever AI that considers gameplay on various tactical and strategic levels as well as individual enemy characteristics will challenge even experienced commanders.
- Map Editor - A powerful editor to create your own maps and missions.
More articles about Battle Worlds: Kronos