For the first time, players will be able to wage World War II across the massive expanse of the entire planet. From battles in Europe and North Africa all the way to Asia and the Pacific, WWII Global Conflict features the largest map yet (up to 131,072 tiles)!
Command the forces of 6 major and 58 different minor nations. 20 different unique unit types are portrayed and modeled with up to 30 different characteristics and stats. To add historical flavor and replayability, over 200 different in-game events are now depicted as well as over 50 different decision events that guarantee a unique experience each time the game is played.
Rewrite history with 3 full length, open ended global campaigns beginning at key stages of World War II. Begin the war from the historical invasion of Poland in 1939, the Axis high water mark of 1942 or in 1943 when the Allies may have just begun to turn the Axis tide in their favor.
Assault on Communism and Assault on Democracy boast a host of new features and major new campaigns, including not only all the engine advancements of the previous GOLD Expansion, but a number of brand new ones, such as:
- New Global Map with 5X (!!!) more playing tiles (484X200)
- 10 new Unit types
- New Deployment Phase including Auto-Deploy
- Improved Artificial Intelligence opponent
- New Supply Rules
- And much more...
A range of new major campaigns, both historical and "alternate history" variations, are available, focusing on different elements of the 1939-1945 timeframe for each pack. Here are just a few highlights of the Campaigns included:Assault on Democracy Campaigns
Assault on Communism Campaigns
- 1939 World At War: Bigger and better, this is the most detailed global map ever released for the Strategic Command series. With more room to maneuver, conquering or defending the world in the brand new 484x200 tile map will never be more exhilarating. More than 5X the number of game playing tiles in comparison to the previous 1939 World At War global map release!
- 1941 Wake Island (Alternate History): A decision changes history and the fate of the Wake Island defenders, Taskforce 11 and 14 are sent in to assist the base under attack. With the second wave of Japanese invaders approaching they are in for a surprise as the US navy deploys to intercept them along with reinforcements from the 6th Marine Defense Battalion.
- 1945 Invasion America (Alternate History): Roosevelt dies in a car crash and an isolationist president is elected in the United States as the Great Depression slams the economy harder than expected. One by one the nations of the world fall to the Nazi and Japanese war machine as the US turns a blind eye. In 1943 the Imperial Japanese Navy finally strikes and wakes the slumbering giant. He awakens to find himself the last free nation of the world. Command the forces of the Axis or the Allies for control of North America and the development of the atomic bomb.
- And much more...
- 1942 Case Blue – Frontline: You are the frontline general. You decide where to attack in 1942. Do you deploy against Moscow as the Soviets expect? Or do you push for the capture of Leningrad? Just as in history your opponent doesn’t know your strategic goals. Deploy your forces where you want and attack when you want.
- 1943 Citadel – Frontline: Change the plan and deploy your forces where you want. Where will the Soviets strike and what moves will the Germans make in 1943. The size of the battle hasn’t changed, just where it will be fought. You are the front line general.
- 1941 Operation Kita-Go (Alternate History): Germany and Japan plan a massive assault on the Soviet Union in secret. The hypothetical Operation Kita-Go becomes reality and the Red Army is pressed from both fronts. It is June 22nd 1941 and Stalin’s Russia is completely under siege.
- And much more...
Both packs are in parallel development. Assault on Communism will be released first within the next 6-8 weeks, with Assault on Democracy following within 6-8 weeks after that. Each pack will be available for only $25, as usual as download, mail only and download & mail delivery.
More articles about Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict