In Mark of the Ninja, you'll know what it is to truly be a ninja. You must be silent, agile and clever to outwit your opponents in a world of gorgeous scenery and flowing animation. Marked with cursed tattoos giving you heightened senses, every situation presents you with options. Will you be an unknown, invisible ghost, or a brutal, silent assassin?
Upgrade new tools and techniques that suit your playstyle and complete optional objectives to unlock entirely new ways to approach the game. Finish the main story to unlock a New Game Plus mode with even more options and challenges.
Special Edition Features:
- A new level, set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.
- A new style of play, which includes a nonlethal takedown ability, and provides a hybrid of lethal and nonlethal approaches to the game.
- Two new items, one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct. Both the items and the new play style will be available in the main game as well as the new level. (more details at a later date).
- Finally, we've added a ton of developer commentary to the main game. All the original levels will feature a number of commentary nodes that discuss various aspects of the game's creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.
- Developer commentary has been fully localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese by community members.
For anyone who has already played Mark of the Ninja, we're hoping the Special Edition will give them a reason to revisit the game with both new challenges and insights, much as you'd watch the director's commentary of one of your favourite movies.
The Special Edition will be available as DLC on Xbox Live Arcade and Steam. It will be released this summer (price still TBD).
Additionally, the Special Edition will be playable in part at PAX East this upcoming weekend at booth #774.
- True Stealth Experience - Player-centric gameplay rewards choice, be it finishing the game without killing anyone or assassinating all who stand in your way
- Stunning Visuals - Unique 2D visual style featuring award-winning animation and hand-painted environments
- Custom PC Controls - Custom keyboard and mouse PC controls in addition to gamepad support
- Deep Experience - Each level has three score challenges, optional objectives and hidden collectibles. A diversity of unlockable abilities, items and playstyles allow exploring many avenues of play
- New Game Plus - Finish the game and unlock this mode, offering new challenges and rewards
More articles about Mark Of The Ninja