It is your mission to battle your way through Mystery Dungeons that have sprung up across this world, and to uncover a fiendish plot that threatens your new home and its Pokémon inhabitants. No dungeon will appear in the same way twice, so an infinite number of possibilities can unfold.
In this new game, players can discover Mystery Dungeons accessible only through Magnagates, mysterious portals activated when the 3DS’ cameras are used to scan round objects in the real world, such as footballs or clock faces. Once a Magnagate is discovered, the player becomes a different Pokémon to step through it and tackle the Mystery Dungeon that lies beyond. Items and money that players receive through successfully completing a dungeon revealed by a Magnagate can be used in the main adventure, too.
- Most of your time playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity will be spent in vast dungeons full of Pokémon! The dungeons can be dangerous, but there are many rewards that await those who explore their depths. If you can get all the way through a dungeon, great rewards may be yours. But if you get knocked out, you may have to return all the way to the entrance of the dungeon and lose some of your items and money, too!
- The floor plan of a dungeon is randomly created every time you enter, meaning you'll never take a trip through the same map twice! A map on the Touch Screen will automatically fill in as you explore each level, so you'll know when you've been down every path.
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, each move happens one step at a time. After you move one space or take a single action (such as attacking), all the other Pokémon will take their own actions in turn. If you don't move, nobody else will either, meaning you have all the time you need to think through your battle strategy.
- Most of the Pokémon inside dungeons will attack you when they spot you. Be prepared for battle at any time!
- You'll find items scattered around dungeons everywhere you go. Many items can be used as weapons and will come in handy during battles. There are many valuable items to help you make your way through a dungeon.
- Stay on the lookout for traps inside dungeons! Traps are unpredictable, but usually include ones that affect your stats, or send you flying across a floor. They're just one more way that each trip into a dungeon will be unique.
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity also introduces wireless multiplayer features, allowing as many as four people to work together to battle through dungeons.
More articles about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity