The “pay what you want” mechanic allows gamers to reward game developers for all their hard work and support their future projects. Five per cent of Bundle Stars’ profits go to the charity SpecialEffect which helps children and adults with severe disabilities to play computer games.
The games in this bundle are worth around $100 when bought separately. All the games are Windows-compatible, and Jazz: Trump’s Journey is Mac-compatible, too. Steam keys are provided for all of the games except Jazz (DRM-free) and StarDrone (DRM-free and Desura key).
Paying any amount above £1 (around $1) will get you:
- Jazz: Trump’s Journey (Windows/Mac/DRM-free) is an absorbing indie platformer which puts you on a quest to form a band. A unique and beautifully designed game, last year’s review in Edge Magazine described it as “brave and enjoyable” and “visually and aurally a triumph”.
- StarDrone (Windows/DRM-free/Desura)is a dazzling, fast-paced arcade game from talented indie developer Orb Games. The sci-fi themed game was rated 85% by GamesMaster magazine, and comes supplied with an original soundtrack and bonus wallpapers.
Paying any amount above £3.94 (around $5) will unlock 6 more games, all redeemable on Steam:
- Tank Universal (Windows/Steam) is a colourful, retro-inspired shooter. It’s a masterful blend of action, strategy and stunningly bold 3D visuals. Tank Universal was described by GameFocus as “a benchmark title in the indie development community”.
- Vigil: Blood Bitterness (Windows/Steam) is an award-winning indie adventure game with stylish noir visuals. If you like your games dark and disturbing then you’ll love Vigil. According to JustAdventure, who gave the game a straight A- review, it’s a “very atmospheric game with good storyline and puzzles.”
- Chrome (Windows/Steam) is the classic sci-fi shooter that catapulted Techland, developer of Dead Island and Call of Juarez, to worldwide critical and commercial success. Play the single player campaign, or shoot it out using every available weapon and vehicle with up to 32 opponents in multiplayer mode.
- Still Life (Windows/Steam) is a critically acclaimed adventure game from the producers of Syberia. Victoria McPherson is a brilliant young FBI agent who’s investigating a grisly serial murder case. The body count is now at five with a lack of real leads. With a compelling storyline, beautifully detailed environments and challenging puzzles, this is a game you can’t afford to miss.
- Still Life 2 (Windows/Steam) allows you to play and control two characters bound by the same fate. See the game from two complementary viewpoints and experience two different gameplays. Note: this game is intended for mature persons only and contains material that may shock and offend. You have been warned!
- Crash Time 2 (Windows/Steam) brings the bundle to a close with some good, honest car-nage and destruction! Solve exciting criminal cases on the mean streets as a member of the police force - or freely explore the open game world while chasing down high-octane racers.
Gamers can grab the Indie Mashup Bundle now and start downloading these great games right away. The bundle is only available at this spectacularly low price until April 16th.