In order to get along in such a hostile world, the player will have to rely on their alter ego's skills. These are not determined by the character's class or improved by adding skill points: In Grimlands the motto is "Learning by doing". Skills are improved by being used – practice makes perfect, after all. "Use it or lose it" holds true here as well, with skills that are not used regularly being forgotten after a while. Thus each player develops their character through their own personal playing style.
These skills are developed in a dynamic world where the players' actions will leave their mark. A comprehensive and flexible crafting system means that there are almost no limits when it comes to building one's own equipment. Another highlight of this feature are the various vehicles that can be custom-modified and can even be driven by a group people as well as the cities that can be founded and expanded.
Publisher gamigo issued the following statement:
The intensified focus on publishing and distribution and reduction of high-risk development projects has been pushed further forward. With this in mind the decision has been made not to proceed with the development of the MMORPG, Grimlands. The game still requires substantial additional funds to be brought to completion. Even other games in the "development pipeline" are to be critically assessed anew according to opportunities and risks.
- Innovative combination of third-person shooter and MMORPG in an open and continually-developing world
- Dynamic game world influenced by the actions of the players
- Flexible skill system - skills that are used often are improved while skills that are not used are forgotten
- Comprehensive crafting system with almost endless possibilities
- Quests for single players, groups and area quest that are set in a specific place
- Intelligent opponents that will run for cover, flee, hide or lead players into traps
- Cities that can be controlled and expanded by players
- Modifiable vehicles
- Clan system with ranks, levels, an event calendar and a base
- Comprehensive PvP features with duels, arenas and battlegrounds
More articles about Grimlands