In Dragon’s Crown, players take the role of one of six adventurers who must roam labyrinths in search of treasure and the legendary “Dragon’s Crown.”
Your mission is to dive into the dank underworld, uncovering treasure and strengthening your mettle as you unlock the secret behind the ancient dragon threatening the world. Simple, easy-to-learn controls allow anyone to dive into the fray and enjoy the breathtaking sword-and-sorcery action. In addition to long-lasting gameplay, the game also features a vast array of character customization features – with six wildly different classes to play as, raiding the catacombs for epic loot remains fresh and engaging.
Although intrepid adventurers can certainly enjoy Dragon’s Crown on their own, the real excitement begins when four players team up online for a four-player cooperative mission. And don’t expect the portable Dragon’s Crown to be scaled back in any way: The game will offer the same fluid hand-drawn animation, blazing special effects, and haunting soundtrack on both PS3 and the new PS Vita, with some special interoperability features between the two versions to be revealed at a later date.
In Dragon's Crown, six powerful adventurers and their unique abilities are available for players to explore the fantastical world of Hydeland with:
- The Fighter, who uses his armor and quick-hitting attacks to tank and destroy enemies
- The Dwarf, who specializes in getting up close and personal with grapple attacks
- The Amazon, who moves quickly and wields a giant axe to unleash massive damage
- The Wizard, who blasts fire at single targets or in pillars to incinerate foes
- The Elf, who uses her bow and agility to launch devastating volleys and escape danger
- The Sorceress, who uses ice magic and summoned skeletons to control the battlefield
"Dragon's Crown is one of the most perfect games I've ever played," said Naoto Hiraoka, president and chief executive officer, Index Digital Media, Inc. "The amazing game design and artwork are among the best in any console generation, and the cooperative gameplay is highly addictive."
Dragon's Crown gameplay features:
- Safety in numbers - It's not safe in the world of Hydeland, so it's best not to go it alone. Up to four players or AI compatriots can delve into dungeons simultaneously by using either the drop-in multiplayer on PlayStation 3 or via adhoc network on PlayStation Vita. Cross-platform play is not supported.
- If it's not nailed down...- Expert thief NPC Rannie will join players on their adventures to pick locks, open treasure chests, reveal hidden passageways, and collect loot.
- The skills to succeed - Massive skill tree options in Dragon's Crown allows for plenty of custom-tailoring, whether it's beefing up health or magic abilities or tweaking the abilities of the individual characters.
More articles about Dragon's Crown