Staying true to turn-based strategy, Battle Worlds: Kronos is all about using your units and resources to the greatest possible effect. In order to win, you will need to consider factors like the positioning of units, attack range, armament and equipped upgrades.Victory or defeat - your tactics will decide.
All units in the game have a unique character, setting them apart from all other units and giving them well-defined strengths and weaknesses. You can further individualize them by assigning specific upgrades. Most units allow for two leveled upgrades, each with two options to choose from. The campaign sometimes allows you to take some of your victorious units with you and improve them over the course of several missions.
KING Art studios made a prototype of Battle Worlds: Kronos six years ago, but even after it gained popularity with the European strategy community, no publisher came forward to back the project. The studio turned to focus on other projects, in particular Book of Unwritten Tales. After seeing success with the point-and-click adventure, KING Art has returned to Battle Worlds: Kronos, rebuilding the game from the ground up with new technology and graphics, keeping the original idea and gameplay mechanics. Now it needs the support of gamers and strategists around the globe to see their project through to completion.
The Kickstarter campaign for Battle Worlds: Kronos has now reached its $120,000 goal with 32 days still remaining to reach the campaign’s stretch goals, offering additional campaigns, achievements, factions and mobile compatibility.
“We’re all thrilled at how quickly our Kickstarter goal has been reached and certainly looking forward to creating the game that we always wanted to make, bringing it to the backers that have so generously contributed,” said Jan Theysen, Creative Director at KING Art. “The stretch goals that are now in place are borne of ideas from the community itself, which we have always wanted to involve in the creative process. Together we’re now able to make something incredible.”
- Single Player Campaigns - Fight for the "Yerla" faction, a highly technologized army. For the Rebels, make do with what you’ve got and fight a guerilla war. Together both campaigns will allow for more than 30 hours of gameplay.
- Single Player Challenge Maps - Test your skills in different combat scenarios and keep track of your progress.
- Live Multiplayer - Battle your friends live on the interent or via hot-seat.
- Asynchronous Multiplayer - Take all the time you need and consider your moves . Similar to “play-by-mail”, your round is stored on our server and turned over to your opponent. The system allows you to continue the match anytime and anywhere you want.
- Strong AI - A clever AI that considers gameplay on various tactical and strategic levels as well as individual enemy characteristics will challenge even experienced commanders.
- Map Editor - A powerful editor to create your own maps and missions.
More articles about Battle Worlds: Kronos