Guacamelee! draws inspiration for its unique story and characters from traditional Mexican culture and folklore. Guacamelee! builds upon the classic open-world Metroid-vania style of games by adding a strong melee combat component, a new dimension-switching mechanic, and co-operative same-screen multiplayer for the entire story. Many of the player’s moves are needed for both combat and platforming, blurring the boundaries between the two styles of gameplay.
- Non-Stop Brawling Action: Play as a Luchador and punch your way through the undead menace that has invaded the world of humanity
- Explore Parallel Worlds: Travel between the World of the Living and the World of the Dead as you trace the evil threat back to its source
- New Moves Unlock New Areas: Access new parts of the world as you gain new wrestling moves and powers
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play through the entire campaign with a friend via local multiplayer on the PS3
- PS3 / PS Vita Cross-Save: Save on one platform, continue your progress on the other
- PS Vita as a Controller: Use your PS Vita as a controller for the PS3 version of the game, with the Vita screen streaming your minimap at all times
- Trophies & Leaderboards: Trophies and cross-platform competitive leaderboards supported
More articles about Guacamelee!