The Domain of Man is no more. Their countless fleets and innumerable armies have been shattered and lost. The comforts of their civilization are a distant memory. Cut off from the Star Gate network and scattered in isolated pockets throughout the galaxy, humanity is trying to recover from the great Collapse.
The story of Starsector concerns a sector mostly untouched by the calamity that spelled doom for the Domain. For over 200 cycles, humanity has been losing its grip on civilization, and struggling desperately to hang on to what is left.
It is a time of frequent conflict, rampant piracy, and unsteady allegiances; a time of great profit for the few traders able to ply the old trading routes; a time of great danger and greater opportunity.
- Pilot your ship in top-down 2d combat
- Command your fleet in tactical battles
- Gain experience and improve your character’s skills
- Detailed combat mechanics
- Customize your ship’s loadout before battle
- Explore a war-torn star system
- Mod support for user-made factions, missions, ships, and weapons
- Hire officers to give skill bonuses, pilot auxiliary ships, and oversee your operations
- Explore the sector for knowledge and profit
- Trade goods, run mining operations, build industries — and defend your interests
- Become involved in factional politics
Though it is in-development, you can purchase Starsector now at a discount to gain access to ongoing builds. Starsector supports custom content & mods and is available now for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
More articles about Starsector