As a young woman, Lara Croft is in search of adventure — and herself. She embarks on an exploratory quest when her hunt for adventure comes looking for her. Now, stranded away from civilization, and equipped with only her instincts and the ability to push herself beyond the threshold of human endurance, Lara must look inside and find what she needs to fight for her survival.
Step into the role of Lara Croft in this gritty and intense narration of the origin of the famed Tomb Raider. Armed with only her raw instincts and physical abilities, you must rise from a scared young woman to a hardened survivor. Push yourself past the limits of human endurance and fight to stay alive in merciless environments. Endure physics-based gaming for an authentic gameplay experience. Face the heart-pounding storyline that looks deep into Lara to showcase her most defining adventure to date. Will you become a survivor?
Lara is recognized by the Guinness World Records 2013 Gamer’s Edition as the “Best-Selling Videogame Hero,” with over 28 million units sold since her debut in 1995.
- Best-Selling Videogame Heroine: The best-selling female videogame character is Lara Croft, star of the Tomb Raider games, who has sold a total of over 28 million units since her debut in 1995.
- Most Successful Videogame Heroine: The Tomb Raider computer game character Lara Croft has transcended the boundary of the video game and become a recognizable figure in mainstream society, making her more successful in terms of global recognition than the likes of Chun Li (Street Fighter), Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.) Princess Zelda (The Legend Of Zelda), and Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield (Resident Evil series).
- Most successful live-action transfer: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider already ranks as the highest grossing video-game movie, but together with its sequel, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (USA, 2003), the franchise has grossed in excess of $431 million as of July 2008, making it the most successful live-action game-to-film transfer of all time.
- Highest Grossing Videogame Spin-Off Movie: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider starred Angelina Jolie as Lara and grossed $252 million.
- irst Oscar-Winning Actor To Star In A Videogame Adaptation: Jon Voight (USA) became the first Oscar winner to star in a film adapted from a videogame when he starred as Lord Croft in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Voight played Lara’s father in the film and just so happens to be Angelina Jolie’s real life dad!
- Uncover the gritty and visceral story behind the origin of Lara Croft
- Follow her rise from a terrified young woman to a tough survivor
- Push yourself past the limits of human endurance
- Use your raw instincts and physical abilities to stay alive in unforgiving environments
- Immerse yourself in the heart-pounding storyline of Lara's most introspective and defining adventure yet
- Amazing physics-based gameplay offers an authentic experience
More articles about Tomb Raider