Here Sims will find their path to happiness with all-new leisurely activities, outdoor escapades and out-at-sea discoveries. They can set sail on a sunset cruise, dive deep beneath the waves to explore the ocean floor, retreat to a romantic bungalow stilted just above the water, island hop to meet new Sims and more. With new modes of transportation such as houseboats, speedboats and jet skis, dive lots devoted to scuba and snorkelling enthusiasts and secret islands yet to be uncovered, The Sims 3 Island Paradise really opens up a whole new world to explore and adventures to embark on.
The Sims 3 Island Paradise is an expansion pack filled with adventure, exploration and a world of new discoveries set on the sunny shores and beneath the glistening water of a tropical paradise. The Sims 3 Island Paradise opens up a world of possibilities with never before seen features in The Sims PC gaming franchise. From exploring the tropical isles to creating a five-star resort experience, your Sims can decide to embark on an unforgettable journey or make themselves a new home in this new utopia. Nautical Sims can even take the helm of fully customizable houseboats and set sail between islands! If your Sims would rather be in the water than on it, they can now snorkel and scuba dive their way through the ocean searching for sunken treasure, uncovering abandoned shipwrecks or befriending a mermaid.
- Set sail for adventure. Be it by paddleboat or speedboat, your Sims can now leave port to discover new lands and explore like never before, from inter-island travel to discovering their own uncharted island. Landlubbers need not apply!
- Build and run a five-star resort. Create a family-friendly resort of waterslides and buffet tables, a romantic retreat dotted with minimalist cottages, or a singles resort featuring multiple pool bars where Sims can mingle and flirt. Choose and fine-tune your amenities, set your prices, and wait for the reviews—and simoleons—to pour in. The higher your star rating, the more popular your resort will be!
- Life is a beach. See what surprises await under the sea as your Sims build their skills in snorkeling and scuba diving. Your Sims may find themselves on the shore of a new island or discover sunken or buried treasure.
- Boat sweet boat. Whether your Sims love the water or are just prone to wanderlust, a houseboat may be the perfect abode. Houseboats are fully customizable and can be moored at any open port, so if your Sims tire of the view, relocate to a new locale!
- New ways to build. New stilted foundations give your Sims the best of both worlds—a home that’s partially on the water and partially on land. Build a resort, create travelling houseboats, and customize your very own island paradise for your Sims!
The Sims 3 Island Paradise is currently available for pre-order and drops anchor in retail stores and for digital download on Origin.com on June 28, 2013.
Players who pre-order will receive the Limited Edition version of the game that comes with the Island Survival Pack – a new set of content that equips your Sims with the necessities to scrape together an existence on a deserted island. From a makeshift home on a floating barge to minimalist clothing options such as tattered togs, your Sims will be ready to endure in a shipwrecked lifestyle with the essentials found in this bonus pack.
More articles about The Sims 3: Island Paradise