The world of Elemental was once filled with magic. All peoples made use of this sorcery; with it they built great kingdoms – Malaya in the south, Hallas in the west, fabled Al-Ashteroth in the East – all magnificent, and vastly different, civilizations. Then came the Titans, immortal beings who sought control of Elemental, and the magic contained within it. They waged war amongst the people, the land, and themselves – and in the process turned men into their vassals. Seeking control of the world’s enchantment, in the end they destroyed it. At the last great battle, the land itself was broken. Civilization perished, and the Titans vanished from the world entirely. There were survivors. This is their story…
Fallen Enchantress brings the story to players in this rich, story driven strategy game. Create a sovereign with unique talents and abilities along with a faction to align yourself with in an effort to bring the world under your control. Experience a challenging start as you attempt to conquer the land you intend to claim: monsters, bandits and other beings of dread await you as you set out to explore your territory. Other factions are pursuing similar objectives, raising the stakes and deciding the ultimate outcome: who wins, and who dies
Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes builds on the successes and addresses issues fans and critics had with the previous game – all masterminded by Derek Paxton, lead designer. Legendary Heroes adds new monsters, new champions, larger maps, new tactical battle maps and re-imagines the role of heroes in the world of Elemental. As with all Stardock titles, the game is designed to be played on even relatively low-end PCs, and has no DRM.
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is an expansion to Stardock’s popular Fallen Enchantress fantasy strategy game. The world of Elemental needs your help, the Fallen Enchantress seeks to destroy the fragile civilizations that have arisen from the ashes of the cataclysm. Fortunately, your fame has spread far and wide attracting the great heroes to aid you.
- Gain Champions through fame: Champions are no longer simply randomly found, instead, they seek you out based on the amount of fame your kingdom has generated. But be warned, the legendary champions of old were not all Men or Fallen....
- New Leveling System: Your sovereign and your champions now evolve through a skill tree that visually allows you to pre-plan what kind of hero you want him or her to be.
- New Tactical Battle Maps: Battles are now much more intense with far more special skills available and initiative being far more important. New combat mechanics such as swarming increase the strategic options.
- New Monsters: The Legendary Heroes did not reach our lands alone. Their ancient enemies have arrived with them including the nightmarish liches and their skeletal minions, banshees and the dreaded Garagoxi seek dominion over Elemental itself.
- More Magic: New spells like "Wall of Fire" and "Raise Horde" add new options and new dangers to battle.
- Larger maps: A new gigantic sized map delivers epic sized games.
Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes will be released May 22 on Steam and pre-orders are currently available as a standalone game for $39.99.
Fans who purchased Stardock’s 2010 game Elemental: War of Magic before October 31, 2010 will receive Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes for free, as promised in 2010. Owners of Fallen Enchantress (released in late 2012) are able to upgrade their existing games with the standalone expansion for $19.99.
More articles about Elemental: War of Magic - Fallen Enchantress