In Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (aka Stealth Bastard) players must journey to the exit of each level by employing a mix of platforming, puzzle solving, hacking and stealth. Vicious robot drones are on constant patrol, poised to shoot on-sight. Security cameras perform constant sweeps, ready to execute anyone who falls within their field of vision. And fiendish traps lurk in every shadow, eager to lure careless agents into their clutches.
One false move and – zzzzk!, frrrrap! or gnnnnnnnnr! And sometimes spppppplrrrt!
The main game now boasts a brilliant new narrative which reveals the origin of the character, and why he’s trying to escape such a bastard-tough facility. With 80 levels spread across eight worlds, there’s even more hard-as-nails challenge – featuring all-new equipment, and lots and lots of new ways to die.
Curve Studios announced the results of the competition to rename their frenetic stealth platform game Stealth Bastard, for its release on PS3 and Vita.
The two winners were awarded PlayStation Vitas and places in the game’s credits for their efforts. The competition received a total of almost 3,500 entries, and closed on Sunday 14th April.
Stealth Bastard’s creator Jonathan Biddle commented, “We’re very happy with the name Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark. We think it captures the essence of the game perfectly. It even includes a cheesy pun.
“It was very gratifying to get such an amazing response from our fans – we’ll certainly consider including them in our decision-making process again in future!”
- All new equipment which we’ll be revealing soon!
- Hide in the shadows with a real-time shadowing system!
- Evade a wide range of eagle-eyed lethal robotic foes!
- Hack your way to the exit... and to the next challenge!
- Squeeze through doorways mere seconds before you're sliced into pieces!
- Die in a variety of gruesome, cruel ways!
- Create your own fiendish deathrooms and share them with the world - all in the game!
- Shave seconds off your playtimes and rule the global leaderboards!
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark is currently available as Stealth Bastard Deluxe on Steam ($9.99 / £6.99 / €8.99), while the free version will remain available on stealthbastard.com, but will no longer be updated.
More articles about Stealth Bastard Deluxe