By manipulating the weather elements, players solve puzzles.However, conjured weather can either help or hinder along the way.Seeds are transported past obstacles with gusts of wind, torrential downpours and bolts of lighting to reach various checkpoints throughout the game. Featuring 49 intriguing levels, players use three main elements and four secondary elements to maneuver five different kinds of seeds in each of the four seasons.
The three main elements include wind, lighting and rain.Wind moves seeds around.Lightning can break up rocks, set grass on fire and make seeds jump.Rain maneuvers seed by filling up holes, extinguishing fires and creating bubbles. Secondary elements both complicate and enhance gameplay. Tornadoes strengthen wind, blowing seeds to higher ground. Bubbles also elevate seeds by enabling them to float, and can be used with wind to transport seeds across longer distances. Snow builds up, creating a cushion for seeds to access higher ground.Finally, ice provides a smooth sliding surface for seeds to move across.
Each level can be played in three unique game modes - adventure, challenge and spirit. Adventure mode allows untimed playthrough to unlock levels and progress in the game. Challenge mode has players finish unlocked levels to beat completion times and raise scores.Spirit mode features special orbs that are placed within the levels for players to collect as a means to rack up points and earn trophies.
Some of Storm's elements include:
- Natural Controls - Use either an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or a mouse and keyboard to manipulate nature's elements at your own pace.
- Gorgeous Environments - Interactive environments react to your every move as you make a path for your seed's journey through 49 lush levels.
- Ambient Soundtrack – Enjoy the soothing soundscapes created by indie developer and musician Terence Lee who also came up with the original concept for the game.
- Collect Hidden Goodies – Unearth hidden orbs to unlock exclusive content.
- Three Modes Across Four Seasons - Choose between Adventure, Challenge and Spirit modes for multiple levels of enjoyment.
Storm is available for PC through the Storm web site for $14.99, and will be coming to PSN/XBL shortly.
More articles about Storm