At the end of the 21st century, the continuing exhaustion of Earth's resources sparked a furious struggle for dominance, ultimately leading to all-out conflict. Billions perished as the Final Wars raged across the globe.
As nations crumbled and civil society was in its death throes, one of the super-nations that actually started the conflict devised a plan to win the war by simply outliving its rivals. This resulted in the creation of The Continoma Project – a massive, self-sufficient mind database capable of storing the memories and thoughts of humans. The leaders of the super-nation that created Continoma ensured their entry within the database and brought with them the seeds of what they believed was a thriving community of docile and loyal citizens.
Humanity outside Continoma Project all but destroyed itself – the great societies that once warred amongst themselves were reduced to nomadic tribes and eventually regressed to primal existence or simply died out, long before the irradiated and polluted world became habitable again. While life on Earth was going through its most dramatic extinction and adaptation, the Librarium – a nearly-indestructible fortress tended by artificial intelligence and robots – kept the dormant sentience of humanity’s chosen safe for the future.
Players find themselves immersed is a continuing power struggle between the leaders behind the Continoma Project, called the Continoma, and the Noir, an armed resistance group formed by a former Continoma leader. Their continuous struggle has weakened them considerably and even as they remain the two most powerful forces on Enterra, they depend much on the other smaller organizations for their survival and victory on the island.
Featuring a unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player-vs.-player combat, Earthrise gives you innumerable choices to forge your destiny. Whether you're a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the Utopia and the rebellion, a criminal hiding from the law or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, your actions will echo throughout the game world.
SilentFuture has been making some essential improvements to the gameplay and technology of this science fiction online RPG, now known as Earthrise: First Impact, since May 2012, and the game has a new background story and a total redesign.
Katharina Weiß, Creative Director of SilentFuture, says: “When our players purchase a ‘Founder Package’ they are supporting the development of Earthrise: First Impact and, in return, will have direct access to the game, all the special in-game items and the permanent title of ‘Earthrise Founder’. We are currently focusing on optimizing and redesigning the Earthrise features. One of the biggest changes will be made to the faction system: players will be able to choose from eight playable factions instead of the two previously available. We will also add a dynamic mission system which will be greatly influenced by the role the player chooses. In addition, we have refined the movement to make the gameplay much more precise compared to the old version.”
Daniel Schemann, CEO of SilentFuture, adds: “Up to now most of the development time has been spent on improving the game engine and we have made massive improvements to performance; in particular loading times and rendering are now much faster. For us, the feedback from the game testers is one of the most important aspects of the development process. For example, we listened closely to the suggestions of our testers when we designed the loot and crafting systems and are currently focusing on the gameplay and graphics in Earthrise: First Impact and implementing the suggestions of the community here too.”
- Dynamic Faction System: You can choose from eight playable factions. Status and sympathies will be greatly influenced by the missions you have selected and the players’ behavior. So be careful: today’s friends could be tomorrow’s enemies.
- Open World PvP: Explore an area of over 250km² and discover new locations that no one has ever visited before. A battle can flare up anytime and anywhere fueled by greed, revenge or glory.
- Free Skill System: You are free to choose which skills you want to increase with no restrictions imposed, and can therefore define your own class.
- Teamplay: Rise to the challenges with your friends and fight alongside them. You can combine your various skills to complement each other perfectly.
- ModdingL Modify your weapon to get the most out of it. Change the type of damage or improve weapon quality; a large range of modifications is available.
- Friendly Fire: Always ensure you have enough cover during combat; the bullets of your friends may also prove deadly!
- Territorial Control: Conquer outposts throughout the entire world with your friends, and build and expand bases to earn bonuses.
- Punishment System / Karma: You can break the law or betray your allies, but remember: hardly anyone likes a criminal; not even the criminals themselves!
- Loot System: Not only the body, but also items can be restored after death. However, not all the items will make the restoration process and your enemies may be only too grateful to acquire the things you drop.
- Dynamic Missions: Besides chain quests, Earthrise: First Impact contains dynamic missions that you and your friends can carry out and which can be accessed at special terminals.
- Epic Story: Plunge headlong into the game and follow the story to find out what really happened and what is in store for you.
More articles about Earthrise