Deliver game-changing hits with NHL Collision Physics, built from EA Sports FIFA’s Player Impact Engine. Drop the gloves with the all-new Enforcer Engine, powered by the same technology used in the critically acclaimed Fight Night franchise. Experience a new level of speed and control with the second season of the critically-acclaimed True Performance Skating engine, and dangle defenders with all-new One-Touch Dekes. In addition, fans can Live the Lifeof an NHL player in an all-new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now featuring on and off-ice elements.
2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs Predictions
- The New York Rangers win their fifth Stanley Cup in franchise history and their first since the 1993-94 Season, defeating the Chicago Blackhawks in six games.
- Rangers forward Brad Richards wins the Conn Smythe Trophy, the second of his career. Richards notched 24 points in the Playoffs to lead all players.
- Richards becomes the sixth player in NHL history to win at least two Conn Smythe Trophies joining: Roy (3), Gretzky (2), Lemieux (2), Orr (2), Parent (2)
- The Chicago Blackhawks looked unbeatable as they progressed through the rounds, winning each series in five games before falling to the Rangers in six games.
- The Western Conference saw two upsets in the opening round with the Detroit Red Wings (7) beating the Anaheim Ducks (2), while the Los Angeles Kings (5) defeated the St. Louis Blues (4).
- The Toronto Maple Leafs were eliminated in the first round of the simulation, although they did manage to take their Original Six rivals, the Boston Bruins, to seven games.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins, who looked to be a strong favorite to win the Stanley Cup, fell to the Rangers in seven games in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
More articles about NHL 13