From the tower-defending excitement of Trendy Entertainment’s “Dungeon Defenders” to the abstract first-person puzzling of Toxic Games’ “Q.U.B.E.,” the limited-time Unreal Indie Bundle showcases the great variety of games that can be developed using Epic’s industry-leading Unreal Engine technology.
Here’s a rundown of the titles included in the bundle, which launches today:
- “The Ball”: a first person action-adventure game featuring a captivating single-player campaign. When a swashbuckling archaeologist working on a dormant Mexican volcano gets stuck in a cavern, it doesn’t take long to realize there is much more to this exotic place.
- “Dungeon Defenders”: Save the land of Etheria from an Ancient Evil in the tower defense action-RPG “Dungeon Defenders.” Create a hero from one of four distinct classes to fight back wave after wave of enemies by summoning defenses and directly participating in the action-packed combat.
- “Primal Carnage”: “Primal Carnage” is an online multiplayer shooter that engrosses players in skilled PVP combat, team-based strategy and savage class-oriented matches unlike any previously experienced. Be it an armed human mercenary or a cunning dinosaur, “Primal Carnage” unleashes the inner beast in anyone who seeks to survive amongst the fittest.
- “Q.U.B.E.”: Set in a mysterious and abstract sterile environment, “Q.U.B.E.” (Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion) is a first-person puzzle game that challenges players to navigate each level by manipulating coloured cubes that surround them.
- “Sanctum”: You think Tower Defense games are all about building? You thought wrong. Sanctum is not an average tower defense title. When the havoc starts, join the fray! As a pioneer of the first-person shooter - tower defense genre, “Sanctum” takes the best of both worlds to deliver an epic, one-of-a-kind experience.
- “Unmechanical”: “Unmechanical” is a puzzle adventure that combines tricky puzzle solving, alluring exploration and an engrossing atmosphere. Set in a fantastic world of flesh, rock and steel, the journey to freedom requires solving a great variety of puzzling challenges. While it’s easy to pick up and play, later challenges may prove very difficult indeed.
- “Waves”: Shooter fans deserve more. And those who haven’t discovered the pleasure of twin-stick destruction deserve an entry point. Introducing “Waves,” a twin-stick shooter that can be played by anyone, but with a high enough skill threshold to keep even the most hardened shooter fan entertained.
For one week the Unreal Indie Bundle is available for $19.99 (USD), £14.99 (GBP) and €17.99 (EUR) on Steam.