The Catnip Bundle proudly presents Pushcat, an arcade game from indie studio Zut Games that harks back to the golden age of videogames, with crisp, multi-coloured pixel art and retro music. Gamers can purchase the DRM-free version as part of the bundle, and they will also receive Steam keys free of charge if Pushcat passes Steam’s Greenlight process for indie games.
The additional 9 titles, which vary from addictive puzzles to first-person shooters and thrilling adventures, are all redeemable on Steam, giving gamers an intoxicating mix of indie titles.
The bundle is the sixth offering from Bundle Stars, the home of feel-good gaming. Gamers can choose to reward game developers and support their future projects as they wish with the “pay what you want” mechanic. Five per cent of Bundle Stars’ profits also go to the charity SpecialEffect, which helps children and adults with severe disabilities to play computer games and enjoy a better quality of life.
The games in this bundle are worth around over €70 when bought separately. All the games are Windows-compatible, while Chains and Pushcat are Mac-compatible, too.
Paying any amount above £1 (around $1) will get you:
- Pushcat (Windows/Mac/DRM-free/Desura) is an arcade game that lets you get digging as the eponymous Pushcat, a purple cat who just loves silver coins - which he gets by combining gems of the same colour. This game harks back to the golden age of videogames with crisp pixel art and retro music.
- Metal Drift (Windows/Steam) from indie developer Black Jacket Studios is a vehicular sport combat game set in an alternate future. Command a high-powered hover tank from the cockpit and engage in intense tank-on-tank team combat in a futuristic sports arena.
Paying any amount above £3.94 (around $5) will unlock 6 more games, all redeemable on Steam:
- Obulis (Windows/Steam) is an easy-to-learn and intuitive physics-based puzzle game. Drop all of the coloured spheres into their pots by cutting chains and ropes in over 150 levels of mind-bending puzzles.
- Avencast: Rise of the Mage (Windows/Steam) is an action role-playing game set in a dark fantasy world. Cast spells, solve riddles and take on bosses to fight off the demonic hordes that threaten the survival of the world.
- Post Mortem (Windows/Steam) is the thrilling prequel to Still Life that puts you in the role of former-detective Gus Macpherson. Uncover a conspiracy written in blood in the dark and mysterious streets of Paris.
- Nikopol (Windows/Steam) is a suspenseful adventure game set in a futuristic universe. Immerse yourself in visually stunning graphics, undertake thrilling mental challenges and work to thwart a dark conspiracy.
- Wasteland Angel (Windows/Steam) is an action game reminiscent of vintage arcade shooters. Pilot an overpowered vehicle with dual machines guns as you take on gangers, renegades and mutants across 24 levels and 6 ravaged landscapes.
- Chains (Windows/Mac/Steam) is a challenging puzzle game with stunning vector graphics. Link adjacent bubbles of the same colour into chains across 20 levels as you test your speed, strategy and skill.
- Two mystery titles.
Gamers can grab the Catnip Bundle now and get their games right away. The bundle is only available at this spectacularly low price until April 26th.