Originally planned for release in June, Capcom sent out an announcement that Lost Planet 3 is now scheduled for August 2013.
Pre-Order Lost Planet 3 on Amazon and get the Punisher Pack
Pre-Order Lost Planet 3 at Best Buy and get the Assault Pack
Pre-Order Lost Planet 3 at Gamestop and get the Freedom Fighter Pack
- Grace Peyton - The woman behind the man. Beautiful but also tough and resilient, Grace keeps the family together whilst the earth falls into chaos and Jim is working millions of miles from home.
- Phil Braddock - Braddock is the head of the NEVEC crew and runs the operations at Coronis base on E.D.N. III. He stays calm despite the extreme pressures of the mission and keeps his team focused.
- Jenette Diaz, the Lost Contractor - Jim's predecessor and an accomplished utility rig pilot who joined the Coronis crew on their maiden voyage to E.D.N. III. She mysteriously went missing a year and a half into their mission.
- LP1 Gale Holden - Returning in his Lost Planet 1 look, Gale is the father of the main character of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition and a pivotal character in the Lost Planet universe. Bonus character
- HUNK - From the world of Resident Evil, HUNK is Umbrella Corporation's most trusted hit man and leader of the Umbrella Security Service's Alpha Team. If anyone can survive the brutally inhospitable conditions of E.D.N.III, he can.
- Pressurized Claw - Using a bank of hydraulic actuators it increases your utility rig's claw strength and crushing power by 25%.
- Tungsten Carbide Drill - It has an ultimate tensile strength nearly twice that of a standard issue utility rig drill. It delivers 25% more damage to Akrid enemies.
Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim Peyton, a Utility Rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N. III. Working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC), Jim is one of a select few pioneers at the Coronis base surveying the uncharted terrain and obtaining samples of the planet’s natural energy source – Thermal Energy, which NEVEC believes will save Earth’s energy crisis. As the months pass, it becomes apparent that things are not as they seem on E.D.N. III. Who is the mysterious figure that seems to be tracking Jim’s every move? What is NEVEC base chief Braddock hiding and can Dr Roman help Jim uncover the truth before it’s too late?
The title delivers a mix of action both inside and outside of Jim’s utility rig vehicle. Acting as a home away from home and offering protection from the ever changing climate, Jim soon discovers the utility rig’s array of tools are just as useful at taking out Akrid in the rig’s first person perspective as they are at helping him fulfill his contract work. Outside the rig the action switches to third person with Jim at the mercy of the elements. He’ll need to battle against hostile enemies with a mix of gun and melee based combat whilst surviving all that is thrown at him.
While under attack from E.D.N. III’s indigenous Akrid, Jim’s Utility Rig falls down an icy fissure, leaving him unconscious and injured. Jim wakes to find himself in what appears to be a secret base, hidden beneath the planet’s frozen surface. On discovering he was rescued by one of the base’s inhabitants, Mira, the daughter of So’ichi (the Snow Pirate leader), he soon realizes that NEVEC are no longer the only occupants of E.D.N. III. With this encounter with the Snow Pirates new truths about the foreboding planet and the colonial history are set to be unveiled.
More articles about Lost Planet 3