The orcs of Tanoroth are on the march, wielding magic never seen before: bloody, deadly, reality‐bending. The free nations of Rivellon are about to fall beneath their blades. Yet there are two unlikely heroes who can resist this savage magic: a condemned warrior released from his chains and a mystic heroine restored to life. Will they be strong enough to cope with the sins of their past? And will they be strong enough to counter the even greater threat that hides behind the marching orcs?
There are still 17 days to go in the Kickstarter campaign and Larian is now hoping that their fans will help them each their stretch goals, so that they can improve the depth of their dream RPG even further.
To celebrate the successful funding, Larian Studios today released a new update, featuring new rewards that will exclusively be available for Kickstarter backers.
Now that the Kickstarter campaign is successful, Larian can also confirm that Divinity: Original Sin will be coming to Linux and Mac platforms. Furthermore, pledges via Paypal are now also possible.
"We let RPG fans invest in our game now so that they could reap the gameplay rewards this fall," says Larian Studios' founder, Swen Vincke. "and they responded en masse. There were plenty of high profile Kickstarter campaigns going on when we started out, yet we consistently managed to be in the top 3 on Kicktraq.com. I’m very proud of having such a vocal and supportive community and we’ll do everything we can to not disappoint them. Thank you all! "
With the funds raised through Kickstarter, Larian Studios wishes to expand its team to create more depth and diversity in Divinity: Original Sin. This includes more areas to explore, more character interactions, more quests with consequences, and increased options for character-building. In addition to releases of the final game, backers have opportunities to receive everything special in-game items to roles within the game.
- Class-free Progression – Choose skills, abilities, and gear to create the character that 'you' want.
- Cooperative play– Drop-in/drop-out cooperative multiplayer with full-featured RPG gameplay for both players.
- Skill and Spell Combos – A block of ice can be melted with fire, turned into a lethal pool of electricity, and refrozen into a slippery trap. This is one example of the many interactions possible.
- Meaningful Dialogue – For better or worse, your conversations have actual and noticeable impacts in the game-world. When playing cooperatively, both players have a say in the outcome.
- Open-world Gameplay – No artificial constraints to keep players from exploring the world or level-scaling to coddle you. If you are too weak for an area, you will quickly learn your lesson.
- Editor - Full suite of editing tools – the same used by the developers - to create completely new environments and adventures.
More articles about Divinity: Original Sin