The v1.04 update contains numerous correction in terms of supply distribution (e.g. for air units), AI improvements (now the AI uses Nuclear Bombs more aggressively), and events settings. The update also includes game play balancing, new features like nukes are now acquired every four months instead of each month (moddable) and most importantly, compatibility with the latest Windows 8 Operating System.
v1.04 – April 9, 2013
- Fixed supply distribution problems for air units.
- Deleted ghost fleet in Fall Gelb campaign causing the game to crash.
- ChangeSMP event's method now correctly changes the values of SMP.
- Entrenchment bonus now removed just after the unit has moved, not at the end of turn.
- Game can be always running in Quick Start mode as Allies.
- Fixed display of the Defenders effective strength value.
- Fixed supply distribution problems.
- Added new method for events Hex.AddFrozenLandUnitAndPassControlOverHexIfEmpty (int hexX, int hexY, int countryID, int unitType, int unitLevel, int unitStrength, int turnsfrozen, name).
- Soviet effectiveness reduction impact decreased by 50% and probability to recover increased 3 times.
- Winter War most probably end after Soviets capture of Helsinki or Vyborg. (715)
- Soviets social unrest now will gain 50% hit (was 10%) if Winter War peace won't be accepted. (335)
- Nukes are now acquired every four months instead of each month (moddable).
- Nuclear report added to the reports.
- AI now uses the Nuclear Bombs more eagerly.
- Fixed problems with wrong assigned movement costs.
- Number of people and equipment in units now displayed correctly.
- Fleets without any naval units assigned are now automatically disbanded at the end of the turn.
- Fixed problems with calculating terrain type modifiers for defenders.
- Improved issues with wrong display of the fog of war.
- Some fixes with the stability.
- Fixed display of air superiority.
- Now if a unit is returned to the force pool with a commander, then the commander is reassigned from the unit.
- Changed supply schedule, now convoys are performed after selecting supply sources by units.
- It is now possible to see full description for all events
- It is possible now that the Disembark will fail every time a unit will try to unload from a sea zone where enemy fleet has got advantage.
- If a unit is hidden under the Fog of War, then clicking on a hex with that unit does not reveal Unit Panel.
- If unit has got -1,-1 coordinates assigned it is always put into the reserve, even if the proper value is not entered.
- Windows 8 compatibility
It was the time of defiance, the time of life and faith, the time of wrath. It was the time of men against men, nation against nation. It was the time of planning and strategy against anger and rage.
A Time of Fury.
In World War II every single aspect of war was crucial: from troop movements to supply, from logistics to diplomacy, from innovation to careful use of terrain. Many games have tried to replicate the depth and complexity of this global conflict and only a few have managed to give an all around experience to players.
Today Slitherine and Wastelands Interactive announce a new game that will truly replicate all these aspects. The developers of Time of Wrath are back to the European theater of war with an ambitious project that will allow players to truly experience what it was to be a decision maker of the period.
Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.
More articles about Time of Fury