Ghost Recon Future Soldier v1.8 Patch Fixes:
- Support for Windows XP.
- Support for DirectX 9 on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (DirectX11 is recommended).
- Improved performance of Volumetric Lighting and Global Illumination.
- New graphical option to enable real-time rendering of all reflective surfaces (eg. windows).
- Improved framerate performance for ATI users.
- Support for Uplay friends’ list with more than 100 contacts.
- Fixed Gunsmith issues for Windows user names with special characters (é, à, ç, etc.).
- Improved textures on “Market Night” map.
- Known issues and workarounds
- Highest quality of 'Global Illumination' option is meant to be used with high-end (Radeon HD7900 or GeForce GTX680 and higher) and future hardware. Setting Global Illumination to medium is recommended if you are experiencing low frame rate.
- The new 'Reflections' option is designed for high-end configurations only. Please disable this option if you are experiencing low frame rate.
- AMD dual-core processor with Windows XP (for users who have not installed SP3): you may experience a fast flickering of the in-game menu items. To work around this problem, install the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer available on the AMD website.
- AMD or nVidia Dual-GPU / Crossfire / SLI cards: in order to avoid graphical issues, you will have to manually disable the multi-GPU modes of your video drivers prior to running the game under the DX9 environment.
- In some isolated cases activating the Crossfire multi-GPU technology on a mobile Radeon HD6990M from Alienware results in a performance drop compared to a single GPU of the same setup.
Notes regarding Windows XP support
- Due to limitations of the engine and multithreading management in Windows XP, the performance with Windows XP may be lower than the performance obtained with the same hardware configuration using a more recent version of Windows. Please use a more recent version of Windows for a better experience.
Ghost Recon Future Soldier v1.7 Patch Fixes:
- Fix for "Host is using different content" error during joining the session.
Ghost Recon Future Soldier v1.6 Patch Fixes:
This Title Update will bring major improvements including a fix for many issues reported by the community. Main changes:
- Free exclusive content:
- a special hardcore mode for the campaign;
- night variants of two adversarial maps;
- Performance and compatibility improved;
- Online stability improved;
- A fix for many issues reported by the community;
- Integration of all Consoles’ Title Updates;
- Respec token requirement removed.
There is nothing fair, honorable, or just about combat. There is only winning and losing—the dead and the living. The Ghosts don’t worry about even odds. They do everything in their power to overwhelm and obliterate the enemy. Future technology is the key to winning an asymmetric battle.
In Ghost Recon Future Soldier you join an elite team of highly trained, cut-throat special-ops soldiers. Armed to the teeth with unrivalled combat technology and cutting-edge military hardware, Ghost Recon takes you to the globe’s most deadly warzones to hunt down the highest value targets.
As a member of the elite Ghost Recon, you are among the few who possess the power, the adaptability, and the cognitive fortitude of the future soldier. Specialized in every area of combat, equipped for survival, and trained in absolute discretion, you are entrusted with the missions no other soldier can handle. Armed to the teeth with an arsenal of real-world high-tech weaponry only in prototype today, you are an F-16 on legs, trained to lock on to your objective even in the world's most complex, high-risk warzones.
When you’re outnumbered…only the dead fight fair.
- Experience the Future of War
- The Ghosts pack the latest and best high-tech military equipment, inspired by actual prototypes.
- Blend into any environment with mind-bending optical camouflage.
- An exoskeleton enhances the Ghosts' physical abilities, allowing them to run, leap, slide and kick farther & faster than any soldier on the field today.
- Unparalleled physicality and lethal expertise in melee close combat are now at your disposal. Control all-new heavily armed unmanned ground and air combat drones.
- Unleash large-radius firepower with a personal mortar capable of firing multiple guided rockets simultaneously.
- Natural Cooperation
- Instantly coordinate combat against 360° threats: link-up with your Ghost teammates in a formidable formation at the push of a button.
- Move-and-shoot-as-one with your friends or AI teammates with no training and no complex orders system.
- Benefit from your teammates' high-tech abilities and combine them to unleash the power of an army at the pull of your trigger.
- Epic Solo and Co-op Campaign!
- Join the Ghosts as Kozak, a fresh recruit whose elite unit is the United State's best and only means of retaliation when a nationalist coup unseats Russia's legitimate president
- Experience multiple aspects of the war from the unique perspectives of a high-level bodyguard, an engineer, a civilian and more.
- Play the single- or split-screen cooperative campaign across multiple theatres as the shadow of global conflict creeps across Northern Europe and beyond.
- Fast-Paced, Addictive Multiplayer Mode
- Up to 12 players in 6 vs 6 matches for a fast-paced, intense online experience
- 4 game modes (Conflict, Saboteur, Decoy, Siege) focused on objectives and cooperation
- Select from 3 classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and unlock new gear to battle online across 10 maps
- Gain XP points to level up, customize and progress your character
- Gather intel on enemies’ positions and seamlessly share it with teammates
- Use the suppression system to pin enemies down while teammates flank
More articles about Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier