The v188.8.131.52a update optimizes list screen performance in very large galaxies, fixes some issues with large games on multi-threaded computers, corrects some bugs, improves AI weapon selection in ship design and adds .Net Framework 4.0, which Distant Worlds: Legends now requires.
Gameplay has been greatly expanded for each race wiith new race-specific events and victory conditions, a new system for borders and spheres of influence, an expanded tech tree with new weapons, facilities and wonders, improved AI, improved diplomacy including mining and refueling rights, greatly improved fleet management, new main map overlays to show ship routes and fleet postures, improved mod support, and more!
Distant Worlds: Legends is the highly anticipated second expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. Legends is a huge step forward which brings the Distant Worlds universe to life. A new character system includes Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Governors, Ambassadors, Scientists and Agents, each with defined abilities and traits and opportunities to advance and grow over time. Expanded gameplay for all existing races includes new race-specific events, technologies and victory conditions which create a completely different game depending on your choices. An expanded tech tree also awaits, with dedicated carriers, cutting lasers, rail guns, new planetary facilities and wonders, and much more (including a new hidden faction)!
Distant Worlds: Legends also includes a new model for borders and spheres of influence for each faction, as well as new fleet management and automation commands. The interface has been improved with additional overlays for the main galaxy map, including route indicators for all ships and fleet posture indicators, all to make it easier to keep track of activity and strategy. A new setup option allows galaxies to also be larger in map size as well as number of stars. Empire Policies have been expanded with new options and Diplomacy has been overhauled to be much more intelligent and to include mining and refueling rights. Finally, the AI has been improved in all areas and modding support has been greatly expanded to allow modders to take full advantage of all the new features.
All of this together makes Distant Worlds: Legends an essential addition to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!
- New character system, including Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Ambassadors, Governors, Agents and Scientists, all with defined skills and traits and the opportunity to advance and improve
- New modelling of borders and spheres of influence
- New expanded gameplay with race-specific events and victory conditions, as well as a new hidden faction!
- Expanded technology tree, including dedicated carriers, cutting lasers, rail guns, new planetary facilities and wonders
- Improved AI and an updated Diplomacy system with refuelling and mining rights as well as immigration policies
- Improved fleet management and automation, including fleet postures
- Improved modding support, including full race and character modding
Please note: Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game.
More articles about Distant Worlds: Legends