In the game, players will face a seemingly insurmountable foe in the alien-infested facilities and military on Nogari Island. In order to survive, they must secure their own double agent who's infiltrated the Corporation and then recover a meteorite fragment that Nogari has used to develop a powerful new energy source, Ambrosia — which has given them global control. In order to succeed in the mission and save the world, players will need to utilize all their skill, firepower and certainly their teammates to the fullest.
While defeating the enemies on the island and recovering the meteorite seem daunting enough tasks, these are not the only challenges players will face. Each of the four playable characters has their own agenda and influence on the story — these emerge via flashbacks as the mission progresses. In co-op modes the significance of these events can be discussed with fellow players over voice chat.
"Scourge: Outbreak looks better, plays better, and is far more fun than The Scourge Project ever was," said Ake Mora Temnerud, Studio Director of Tragnarion Studios. "It's a game that our small, humble team is immensely proud of, and we think that once players get into the game, they are really going to enjoy all of the newly-added content and features we've added."
- Up to 4-Player Co-op Campaign with 6+ hours of gameplay
- 4 Playable Characters, each with different weapon handling stats and a distinct combination of Special Abilities
- Unique character-specific flashbacks that reveal critical past events, and shed a new light on the game's story
- XP system to track your experience and unlock powerful gameplay rewards in Campaign AND Multiplayer
- Squad AI for groups with less than 4 Players
- Quick-Order-System (QOS) for rapid deployment of squad-members
- 9 Weapons, plus multiple variants of each to suit your style of play
- Up to 8 Players in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture-The-Flag multiplayer Versus modes in 5 action-packed maps!
- Leaderboards for competing with friends and other Players around the world!
- Challenging Achievements to unlock
Scourge: Outbreak will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.
More articles about Scourge: Outbreak