In the game, players will face a seemingly insurmountable foe in the alien-infested facilities and military on Nogari Island. In order to survive, they must secure their own double agent who's infiltrated the Corporation and then recover a meteorite fragment that Nogari has used to develop a powerful new energy source, Ambrosia — which has given them global control. In order to succeed in the mission and save the world, players will need to utilize all their skill, firepower and certainly their teammates to the fullest.
While defeating the enemies on the island and recovering the meteorite seem daunting enough tasks, these are not the only challenges players will face. Each of the four playable characters has their own agenda and influence on the story — these emerge via flashbacks as the mission progresses. In co-op modes the significance of these events can be discussed with fellow players over voice chat.
A veteran of the British SAS (Special Air Service), Mass is a formidable member of Echo Squad. Frustrated by the corporate corruption of British military forces, Mass' fate eventually turned him onto mercenary work for several organizations engineered by anti-corporate agendas. However, his past has left him with a promise to keep a secret--one that would put himself or his fellow Echo Squad companions in grave danger. Now he's targeted the Nogari Corporation for its crimes against humanity, vowing to destroy them with their own Ambrosia technology and recover the mysterious meteorite they so desperately wish to harness.
He certainly has the skills to, and he's a force to be reckoned with. A true power hitter with a tough hide, Mass's brute strength makes him a prime choice for weapon control and melee combat situations. His Ambrosia Suit allows him to generate a dynamic shield capable of breaching thick defenses, absorbing incoming fire and moving with him as he charges forward. And while it uses a fair amount of Ambrosia to perform, Mass's Static Shockwave is Echo Squad's best. Delivering a devastating blast of energy to surrounding enemies for a quick decimation, he rarely needs to use it twice.
- Up to 4-Player Co-op Campaign with 6+ hours of gameplay
- 4 Playable Characters, each with different weapon handling stats and a distinct combination of Special Abilities
- Unique character-specific flashbacks that reveal critical past events, and shed a new light on the game's story
- XP system to track your experience and unlock powerful gameplay rewards in Campaign AND Multiplayer
- Squad AI for groups with less than 4 Players
- Quick-Order-System (QOS) for rapid deployment of squad-members
- 9 Weapons, plus multiple variants of each to suit your style of play
- Up to 8 Players in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture-The-Flag multiplayer Versus modes in 5 action-packed maps!
- Leaderboards for competing with friends and other Players around the world!
- Challenging Achievements to unlock
Scourge: Outbreak will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.
More articles about Scourge: Outbreak