For the first time, players will place real-world interactive figures – characters, power discs and Play Set pieces – on a device called the "Disney Infinity Base" to activate original, story-driven adventures in the game worlds, also known as “Play Sets,” of "Monsters University," "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Incredibles." In each respective ”Play Set,” players will take on the role of a variety of popular characters including Sulley, the naturally gifted scarer; Captain Jack Sparrow, the sword-wielding double crosser; and Mr. Incredible, one of the world's greatest crime-fighters, and battle enemies, solve challenging puzzles, overcome obstacles and complete a variety of other unique quests.
As players advance through each adventure, they will collect characters, vehicles, upgrades, gadgets and more which they can save to a virtual "Toy Box." At any time, players can access their personal "Toy Box" and use the items to create one-of-a-kind Disney adventures featuring any combination of characters, environments and items across all franchises. The possibilities are endless and players are only limited by their imaginations.
Within the Pirates of the Caribbean play set, gamers can take on the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa and Davy Jones as they set sail to new lands in search of adventure and gold.
Key highlights include:
- Combat and Customization: Players will be able to explore new lands while battling via water and land to become the king of the sea. Additionally, players can customize their ship, by choosing everything from the overall décor of the vessel to the cannons on board.
- Play Set: The Pirates of the Caribbean play set adds its own specialized game play mechanics and pieces to the Disney Infinity world such as unique weaponry that when activated in Toy Box mode allows players to create all-new combat challenges, build and customize worlds and much more.
- Toy Box mode: The pirate trio of Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa and Davy Jones are able to interact with all of the previously revealed Disney Infinity characters from The Incredibles, Monsters University and Cars to create new and exciting adventures on the high seas and beyond.
- Unprecedented Creative Play – Featuring a virtual "Toy Box" and a vast open world environment, players can create their own stories and customize their adventures combining characters, environments, gadgets, vehicles and more. The possibilities are truly infinite as Disney will add new additions from the company's vast library of entertainment properties.
- Infinite Storyline Possibilities – Disney prides itself on its storytelling culture and for the first time ever, Disney Infinitywill put the story creation into the hands of consumers. Players will be able to create their own adventures in an open-world environment and will give players unprecedented freedom for creative play.
- Interactive Figures Activate In-Game Adventures and Customizations – Disney Infinity will initially introduce a line of 40 collectible interactive figures - characters, Play Set pieces and power discs - that allow players to expand and customize their play experiences. Over time, Disney Infinity will release additional characters and “Play Sets” and this platform will constantly evolve.
- 17 interactive character figures allow players to experience a variety of their favorite characters in each ”Play Set” and in "Toy Box" play
- 3 Play Set pieces that add new Disney and Disney•Pixar “Play Set” locations
- 20 power discs enhance environments, add gadgets and more
- Co-op Multiplayer Action – Disney Infinity supports 2 player co-op play in structured adventures and up to 4 players in "Toy Box" mode.
More articles about Disney Infinity