Playing as one of six character classes, players find themselves banished for their past misdeeds to the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. There, they will encounter hundreds of species of opponents laden with loot and mysterious artifacts as they explore the abandoned continent.
Players will be able to purchase in-game perks, such as extra victory animations, clothing and special effects. To protect the integrity of the game for all players, Grinding Gear Games has decided not to sell abilities or experience points – ensuring a level-playing field for everyone in game.
With an open-ended and flexible skill and item system, randomised items and random dungeons, the game promises three acts of visceral combat gameplay, with additional expansions already planned.
Grinding Gear Games issued the following statement:
During Path of Exile's Closed Beta, the sales of Supporter Packs funded a significant portion of the game's development. We were able to raise a total of US $2.5m, which helped us pay for the content and server costs of the Open Beta release earlier this year. With the success of the Open Beta, millions of new gamers have found Path of Exile and many have been supporting us via our microtransaction store. This support is greatly appreciated and covers our day-to-day development costs, guaranteeing that Path of Exile will be around for a long time.
After months of being asked about the possibility of Open Beta supporter packs every day, we decided that we should give our new community members the chance to show their support and receive exclusive bonuses. We took masses of feedback on board when designing the new Supporter Packs. The most important change is that J!NX is producing our physical merchandise! The collaboration allows us to offer exciting new physical merchandise that we can't produce ourselves, such as a keychain based on the Chaos Orb currency item. We were also able to put T-Shirts in the first of the shipped packs, rather than at the $250 tier like last time. We're expecting that shipping will be underway in early August!
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Build unlimited unique characters on a gigantic skill tree
- Combine over 110 skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Download and play for free, but never ‘pay-to-win’
- Explore randomly generated levels for extreme replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition
More articles about Path of Exile