Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).
Players take the part of the military and political leadership, trying to lead their nation to victory, in the midst of some of the toughest operations of the Civil War. This is must have game for anyone interested in the period.
Ageod has built on its success with many more features and content in this sequel to the classic game of the genre. The game covers the entire USA, from the Eastern seaboard to the Rockies, from 1861 to 1865. It also stretches to Mexico and the Northern Caribbean. There are 5 main scenarios from the battle of Shiloh all the way up to the Grand Campaign.
The map is divided into more than 3,000 regions, which contain a variety of terrain, climates and civil development level. There are over 400 historical leaders with historically characteristic strengths and weaknesses. The model covers features such as Weather, Attrition, Supply, Fog of War and more!
“While The Blue and the Gray was already accepted by the community as one of the best games set during the American Civil War, we felt that we could do even more and with the improvements we’ve made in our AGE engine, we are able to provide a smoother and richer version of the game” says Philippe Thibaut, Director of Ageod. “The engine has evolved and so will the game, with more features, better and faster UI and much more. Civil War II is going to be a must-have for anyone interested in the period”.
The 150th anniversary of this historical event fits perfectly with the release of this game, a perfect tribute in commemoration of those men who fought for their beliefs.
Ageod are recruiting Beta testers for this game, can sign up here.
- Setting: the game covers all of the USA, from the Eastern seaboard to the Rockies, from 1861 to 1865. Mexico and the Northern Caribbean are also in
- Game map is divided into more than 3,000 regions, with a variety of terrain, climates and development level.
- Scenarios: 2 tutorial and 5 main scenarios from Shiloh all the way up to the Grand Campaign.
- Historical leaders: Over 400 historical leaders each rated on their abilities and over 1,000 different types of units from sharpshooters to cavalry and artillery and even Ironclads!
- Production: Control your nations spending on the military without worrying about micro managing the economy.
- Regional Decision Cards: The game has an innovative card system that lets you trigger events such as Indian raids and partisans attacks, which used wisely can affect the flow of a campaign.
- Detailed game model includes features such as Weather, Attrition, Supply and Fog of War
- Historical Event are triggered throughout the game giving the player crucial decision points. These cover anything from local uprising to foreign intervention.
- Battlefield Tactics allow the player to make decisions that can turn the tide of battle.
- Sieges and Naval warfare are all covered in detail in the game.
- Chain of Command allows units to be organized in to brigades, division, corps and armies and leaders put in command of them.
- Navigable rivers which played a crucial role during the Civil War are represented.
More articles about Civil War II