The Harmony had been moving since the birth of the universe, passing through the galaxies, seeking The Core. Their migration was deliberate, calm, inevitable.
Dust was their downfall. In the galaxy of the Endless they were ensnared; this strange technological creation that affected particles, fields and waves broke the single movement of the Harmony into a cacophony of individual elements. In this galaxy, the Harmony have fallen from grace and turned into gravity-enchained individuals.
The Harmony saw Dust, then, as a menace or a plague, and set out to rid the universe of its effects. But for the Harmony, creatures of mineral, there is no difference between an "inhabited" or "uninhabited" planet -- they are only "infected" or "clean."
To the rest of the galaxy the arrival of the Harmony was a minor apocalypse. They attacked in small ships, targeting Dust-infected infrastructures and populations. Other peoples responded in kind, creating Fighter and Bomber craft to counter the Harmony's unusual tactics, bringing the war to their enemy. Planetary bombardment and invasion will take frightening new turns; new heroes will rise up to counter the threats. The Era of Disharmony is coming!
Battles have never been so intense with the addition of fighters and bombers, battle formations, a new targeting system, a redesigned weapon system and enhanced invasion mechanics. The AI opponents will be significantly more unpredictable with the implementation of the new ‘Adaptive Multi-Agenda Artificial Intelligence System.'
- A brand new Faction called “The Harmony” with the main objective to ANNIHILATE DUST!
- New fighters and bomber units that will completely change the shape of combat, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
- A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
- New invasion mechanics have been added: prepare the population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions
- Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the new Adaptive Multi-Agent Artificial Intelligence System (AMAS)
- Other additions and features voted or requested by the community include:
- Four new heroes (Games2Gether)
- A new option to disable exchange of technologies, as a request from the Multiplayer community
- New Rally Points feature for newly built ships to reduce micromanagement
The Disharmony expansion pack will be available on Steam as DLC for $9.99.
More articles about Endless Space: Disharmony